Re: lost connection to EA servers

by Rusted_Ace2013

Original Post

lost connection to EA servers

★ Novice

I JUST BOUGHT THE BF5 ON THE PC BUT I CAN'T PLAY ONLINE BECAUSE IT KEEP SAYING LOST CONNECTION TO EA SERVERS 

and i have no idea what to do 

Message 1 of 16 (974 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Here are some resources from EA on how to troubleshoot connections issues: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/battlefield/battlefield-v/battlefield-v-connection-troubleshooting

PC specific steps: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-pc/

Let us know if any of this has helped you or if you are still experiencing connection issues in BFV.
Message 2 of 16 (963 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi there! Standard smile I've had this issue for the past 24+ hours (that I know of at least) and I've gone through those troubleshooting steps who knows how many * times including port forwarding, dns flushing and what not. I've not had this issue with BFV or BF1 ever before and now it suddenly just hit me. I have BF1 and BFV on my account and I can't play either one of them. The hell is going on?

Message 3 of 16 (954 Views)

★★ Novice

Good luck,

I have had this problem since day one

will not connect to EA servers

I can play single player but not multiplayer

if you find a fix PLEASE let me know

Message 4 of 16 (951 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @FecesMongler @Fear-The-Unknown,

I would recommend running a UOTrace, and contacting EA Support to see if there is something conflicting with your Connection.

You can contact them here:

Thanks Standard smile 

★★★ Apprentice
Same Issue for me EA is garbage. Big MegaCorp that tries to take all our money for a craptacular product. Talking to a tech support monkey right now at EA. We'll see if he knows his head from his *.
Message 6 of 16 (925 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
It won't save my settings or my campaign and there are threads all over the Answers HQ. A clear problem with Sucky * EA. They can't do anything right. They are as bad an American Airlines.
Message 7 of 16 (924 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Tech Support's brilliant answer was to uninstall and re-download the game. Wow this for sure will fix it.
I just don't have these problems with Steam EA. Shutdown your craptacular Origin service, sell your games on Steam and you can lay-off 75% of your tech support staff trying to support customers on your lamea$$ online distribution platform. You will actually end up with more profits in the long run because you will sell more games since people will be able to play the games. But NO EA can't let anyone else make money, they have to control it all - greedy corporate pigs. GO BACK TO LETTING US BUY EA GAMES ON STEAM. CLOSE DOWN THE WHOLE ORIGIN DIVISION AND BANK THE MONEY. AND SPIN DICE OFF SO THEY CAN JUST MAKE GREAT GAMES AND NOT BE UNDER YOUR CORPORATE OPPRESSION.
Message 8 of 16 (913 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

So it looks like this issue might be with my "My Documents" Folder being redirected to a network folder mapped drive. Apparently Origin doesn't know where to create or look for the \Battlefield V\Settings folder. It has tried to create it on the root of the C drive, but only creates the screenshots folder and not the settings folder.

Message 9 of 16 (862 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Well I just got of the phone for the third time with EA tech support. And they were not helpful. When I told them that I can connect to EA Servers if I login under different Windows User with my Origin ID, the game will work. Tech Support answer is that is what I should do. Just play under the other user. They can't help me figure out what is wrong with origin or BFV or BF1 under my current windows user. Completely pathetic. I tried running the programs as administrator and that doesn't work under my Windows user, but if I run the programs BFV BF1 logged in as different Windows user I can connect to EA servers. Explain that.
Message 10 of 16 (846 Views)