[Xbox One] Game thinks I’m a trial player

by BigHossMk8

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Xbox One] Game thinks I’m a trial player

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Title says it all. Game thinks I’m a trial player and won’t access multiplayer....aside from the trial specific matches.....I bought the physical copy from GameStop and the disk is in my Xbox fully installed and all....what is going on? Spent the last 2 hours trying to contact EA to no avail. About to return the game and never buy EA again....first Battlefront 2 and now this? 

Message 2 of 578 (43,265 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game thinks I’m a trial player

EA DICE Team

Hey everyone, 

Minor update with me today with few tweaks to the workaround. 

The current workaround for the issue below: 

1. Turn off your home console settings, jump to step #2.
  2. Setting > Personalisation> My home Xbox > Change from Home Xbox to Not Home Xbox.
  3. If you have ever game shared you will need to contact your friend to make sure they do not have your account as 'Home console'.
  4. Launch the game a confirm that you now have access to the full product.
  5. If you wish the 'Home Console' can now be reactivated.
  6.  Setting > Personalisation> My home Xbox > activate 'Home Console'.

Let me know how that works out for you! 

Setting this post as solved for visibility

/Atic

View in thread

Message 277 of 578 (46,940 Views)

All Replies

Can’t play Multiplayer- game thinks I’m a trial player

★★★ Newbie

Bought the game last night, waited all night for it to download, click on “Team Deathmatch” and the game says online is unavailable to trial players.....but I own the game....it’s asking me to buy either the standard or deluxe edition or sign up for EA Access.....what is going on?? 

Message 1 of 578 (43,144 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Edit: even the technical support in the game isn’t working! Won’t let me post my phone number to be contacted.....unbelievable. “Failed to connect to EA Online” but has no issue connecting me to trial content? Haven’t even had the chance to enjoy the game 

Message 3 of 578 (43,208 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @BigHossMk8 odd issue, under games and apps do you see two Battlefield V installed? Have you tried to power cycle the console? 

How to power cycle: 

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button  on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.
  4. Press the Xbox button  on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

/Atic 

Message 4 of 578 (43,196 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Atic I am having the exact same problem except I own a disc of the game and when I log on it says to buy the game when I try to play conquest it says this isn’t allowed for trial players
Message 5 of 578 (43,168 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No, there is only the one icon. I have power cycled the console and reinstalled twice....I ended up having to shell out an extra $5 to bypass EAs error for EA Access.......

Message 6 of 578 (43,142 Views)

Re: Can’t play Multiplayer- game thinks I’m a trial player

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

If the issue still persists please try this:

-Clear Origin Cache files

-Make sure you have download the hole game and not thetrial only/ check the game tile for info of version

-Check EA accoount in a browser and see if title was added to your account / activated

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 7 of 578 (43,105 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Won't that cost 5 buck a month?

Message 8 of 578 (43,115 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Same here. My friend owns BFV digitally and game shares with me on Xbox. After the update, the game considers me a trial user and prevents me from playing online. However, I signed in with my friends account and it gave him full access to all online features as normal. I have Hard Reset my console and unplugged from outlet. Only 1 copy of the game is installed. I have NOT activated any trials. My friends account still has MY Xbox console set as My Home Xbox, so we are still game sharing.

Edit: The hotfix update made my game playable.

Message 9 of 578 (43,085 Views)

Re: Can’t play Multiplayer- game thinks I’m a trial player

★★★ Newbie

It also says Im a trial player when I've owned the game for nearly a year, ever since the update earlier it believes Im a trial player. Says 'Battlefest celebration' then gives me an option to skip or buy the game, if I skip it doesnt allow me to play online and if I click buy it gives me prices of the game. This isn't only happening to new players, this is happening to anyone.

Message 10 of 578 (43,076 Views)