Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1070 8gb vram Ryzen 1800x
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32 gb 2400 ram
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Conquest
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen?
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
Summarize your bug To summarize the bug, pretty much at random times when I go to sprint or I am already sprinting. My character will completely stop, for example if im holding shift and just W and this occurs, keys A,S and D still work with movement but W is not working and I have to re click W to initiate moving forward or sprinting. It can happen with any movement key. Firestorm is so frustrating to play with this bug, I have had every game it happen multiple times whether im just running or in the middle of a fight and end up dying due to it. I have tried changing graphical setting, changing sprint from hold to toggle and no matter what I do I cant seem to fix it. My keyboard is a Ducky One 2 Mini, I haven't had any issues with sprinting in other games so that is the reason I dont believe its my keyboard. So If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I do not know for all I know this could be just happening to me. It occurs randomly.
What happens when the bug occurs? My character freezes and the current movement key I have pressed wont work until I release it and press it again.
What should be happening instead? Fluid sprinting

Please help

Message 1 of 7 (24,443 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: When Sprinting Character Randomly Stops Moving

★★★ Novice

SOLUTION: This is an issue with Origin In-Game Overlay. For some reason I could not disable the overlay using the Origin options, but I managed to disable the overlay completely by deleting or renaming 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\igo64.dll'. Note this will disable the overlay for all your Origin games and the file may need to be renamed/deleted after every Origin update.

I also disabled Steam overlay and re-installed origin (removing the Steam installed client with Geek uninstaller and re-downloading off Origin's website) - these things may be worth trying if the above solution does not work for you.

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (23,814 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Quick note too, is that I tried to see if it was just my keys or keyboard that was the problem. I tested in other games and I haven't had the issue at all.

Message 2 of 7 (24,424 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Experiencing the same issue on a Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro S. Do you run with or without your keyboard software? Did you ever find a fix for this? Could it be to do with N-key rollover?

Message 3 of 7 (23,847 Views)

★★★ Novice

SOLUTION: This is an issue with Origin In-Game Overlay. For some reason I could not disable the overlay using the Origin options, but I managed to disable the overlay completely by deleting or renaming 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\igo64.dll'. Note this will disable the overlay for all your Origin games and the file may need to be renamed/deleted after every Origin update.

I also disabled Steam overlay and re-installed origin (removing the Steam installed client with Geek uninstaller and re-downloading off Origin's website) - these things may be worth trying if the above solution does not work for you.

Message 4 of 7 (23,815 Views)

★★★ Novice

I got this problem to. from nowhere...

WTF is this.

Never seen this before.

Windows 11

Message 5 of 7 (23,435 Views)

★★ Novice
@Kol3sar I still have this too , EA support didnt help.
Message 6 of 7 (23,414 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield V, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 7 of 7 (23,399 Views)