Unable to report a cheater in game.

by Broken08

Original Post

Unable to report a cheater in game.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

The name of the player that is cheating is [player name removed], as I plan to report them I did all the steps to do so, but the origin tab did not fully load. I attempted several times but was unsuccessful. Is there another way to report a player if unable through this method? 

Edit: Removed player name. We do not allow "naming and shaming" per the Answers HQ rules. -CM

Message 1 of 3 (511 Views)

Re: Unable to report a cheater in game.

Community Manager

Hello, @Broken08 

Try clearing the Origin cache with the steps here. Let me know if that helps or not. Thank you!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 3 (475 Views)

Re: Unable to report a cheater in game.

★★★ Apprentice

I assume you're talking about the issue where the player profile loads but there is no report/block/add friend buttons in the top-right (example here).

Here is what I do to work around this bug:

1. Close the in-game overlay.
  2. Alt-tab out of the game and open the Origin client.
  3. Change page in the client, so for example if you are in "My Game Library", click on "My Home", or vice versa. Reloading the current page (Ctrl+R) might also do the trick.
  4. Alt-tab back into the game and load up the player profile again.
  5. The report button should be visible now. Also at this point you will probably be interrupted by Origin asking your store region preferences for the 10th time in a month.

You can also report players by looking them up in the Origin client (top-left where you search for games, not in your friends list), this said sometimes players cannot be found even if you copy and paste their exact name, as if their account doesn't exist. Confused

Message 3 of 3 (411 Views)