Tips to run a good squad when you're the leader

by ChrissoTheGuy

Original Post

Tips to run a good squad when you're the leader

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

1. Always use your points for reinforcements (hold L1+R1 or LB+RB)

2. Always use your points smart (don't use a smoke barrage on an objective that's already being taken, and don't use an artillery strike if you haven't checked the area for enemies yet)

3. Always stay close to your squad. Never know when you'll get caught down a dark alley.

4. Have at least one medic in your squad

5. When attacking objectives, set orders accordingly as the other squad captains can't see orders like in BF1

6. When setting objectives in a map where the objectives are set in the same position, set it to the objective that starts in the first letter of the alphabet and slowly move down the line, taking objectives along the way

7. While defending an area, let your squad defend you while you fortify the objective (you are the captain, ya know)

8.  Always stay close to your squad. Not only for the extra points you get when you're capturing a set objective with ya bois, but squad members can always revive you, no matter what class they are. 

9. I highly recommend using the support class when playing as squad leader as you can build cover for your squad lickity split and get points doing it.

10. When playing as a squad leader, your position can get taken if a member has noticed you aren't giving orders and he requests an order repeatedly. You can fix this by setting an order or requesting reinforcements

Message 1 of 9 (886 Views)

Re: Tips to run a good squad when you're the leader

[ Edited ]

I like to spam order requests so I can become leader then randomly fire a V-1 for 1 or 2 kills if I'm lucky.

Nice list

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 9 (834 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@TTZ_DipsyYou mean it's possible to do more with them than destroy fortifications? 🤣

--

Edit: On-topic - Nice list. When you're in a squad that's working together it's almost like a different game, so any suggestions to promote squad play are always great to read.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 3 of 9 (830 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@TTZ_DipsyLegendary 😂 and thank you! Preferring to play squad leader makes you really think about how you play

Message 4 of 9 (778 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

ElliotLHH Thank ya bro bro. And yess it's totally a completely different feeling when you hit a perfect sector artillery and you and your squad take it over .

Message 5 of 9 (777 Views)

★★ Pro
@ChrissoTheGuy There is one thing, that is really important to do as a squadleader, when you squad is not working together: always keep an eye on the map and observe, where your squadmates are and what they are doing. I always try to have the squadorder set to an objective, where at least one squadmember is attacking or defending. That way you can earn an huge amount of squadpoint. Especially, when that round just started, where your squadmates are going and which objective is going to be captured first. Set the orders accordinglyand enjoy being at the top of the scoreboard immediately.
Message 6 of 9 (773 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@N4v1s super good tip! Thanks!
Message 7 of 9 (744 Views)

★★★ Guide

My biggest gripe

Squad leaders who DONT use the points, they issue orders you follow them, points build up, end of the game comes, then they dont drop any artillery/call in tanks/nor a JV rocket.

Happens more frequently than not.

Message 8 of 9 (673 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I’m kinda OCD about being Squad Leader to the point I struggle to play if not leading.

I would add:-

When round starts get one squad mate to spawn first then the other 3 spawn on a squad mate (all points help). 

Gauge how many tickets are left vs your points. If you only have 20k points in the bank and less than 100 tickets left then you probably won’t get a V1 so think about using another support action.

Ideally, only play with friends in party chat but if solo and can see others have mics, keep talking about your strategy/make call outs (even if no one else is speaking).

It’s been said but unless you’re dead, ALWAYS have an order in place. Even if your team has all three flags on Underground, mark one so you get the bonus defend points.

if a squad mate is not contributing eg lay in spawn with an MG not achieving anything and even useless as a spawn point - don’t be afraid to kick them (so you might get a better replacement).

Be adaptable with strategy, if things are not going well and you see an alternative place to spawn (eg a blueberry vehicle, or your team are back capping a flag you can wait a few moments before selecting etc) then take the opportunity and change the objective (telling squad mates to spawn  on you if die).

Message 9 of 9 (660 Views)