Re: Tiger Tank too weak

by sirtenko

Original Post

Tiger Tank too weak

★★ Novice

Tiger tank, famous for its battle prowess in WW2. Became a weak balloon tank in BFV, dies in 2 shot of panzerfaust from the back +1 if you use quick repair.

While churchil or even valentine which are supposed to be weaker than the tiger, could withstand more panzerfaust attack from all side.

Heck even the Panzer IV and Wirbelwind has better survivability. Wirbelwind will need 2 C4 and 1 Panzerfaust to destroy, and 2x Panzerfaust to the back alone is not enough as opposed to the 'Tiger' tank.

Also tiger's Main cannon does almost the same damage as the allied tank, even with the APCR. So it can't cover up for lack of defense while being so big (more hitbox to hit).

When I'm using staghound, I could run around the map while killing tigers and they barely touch me. (I don't have the missile upgrade) 3 shots from the famed tiger couldn't kill a Light armored scout car. Pffffft. Staghound could kill a tiger in around 8 shots of 37mm, considering the speedy reload it didn't take long.

Either need to buff up tiger's overall attack and defense, or weaken all other armored vehicle :/

Message 1 of 8 (2,618 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

PZIV has additional Armour on the sides and turret, Sides and front of a Tiger are Very flat, Front of a churchhill is angled while the sides take 3 shots to kill with a Faust, same as Tiger (If I hit the flat, sides directly.)

On the new map I had someone try and circle strafe my tiger with the 37mm upgraded gun, I held my gun on the left front corner of my tank and turned the tank with him. He did 20 damage to me after I managed to get 5 shots off and kill him. (It took 3. 2nd disabled, remember others have 10% Max Health repair too but I didnt use mine.)

APCR 2 shots a upgraded box tank to 99dmg To the front from a tiger.

The Greyhound thrives on getting around behind tanks. But headon always loses to Tigers.and the Tiger was just a fear factor and most allies couldnt tell the DIf between a PZIV with the 76 and a Tiger (Also the tiger has the same armour thickness as a Sherman Wink )

The only thing I will agree on, is that the Germans need a Armored Car like the PUMA to counter the Greyhound.

Message 2 of 8 (2,593 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Maybe because of the tiger's 88mm, but in almost all war stories states that tiger's shot pierce through sherman armor like butter. I know churchil has a better angled armor design, but I shot a churchil from the side perpendicularly with apcr and only deal 25dmg, which felt like nothing as tiger is classified to be the stronger tank by how it carries less ammo like the churchill gun carrier. Churchill has the same ammo count as the Pz IV so they should be on the same level, also faster reload speed and turret turn rate. :/

Message 3 of 8 (2,525 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
If you look up some Wot- Chieftan where he debunks most accounts of "Tigers" there was only less than a handful of Tiger battles on the Western Front and The'Fear' was that of the PZIV with the rifle gun which was Prevalent that could also Cut through Sherman armor like butter just like most Tanks of the time. Remember, the Sherman wasn't built for tank battles, It was built for Supporting Inf and Tank Destroyers (M10/M18) we're to be used for tank vs tank.

The Tiger with the HEAT-T round is much more dangerous than the APCR. Shooting the turret of a Churchhill once Disables tf out of the tank in all ways.

Only thing good about the GC is the Passenger MG. It needs the buff.
Message 4 of 8 (2,494 Views)

★★ Novice

This is so incorrect I had to correct you even though its an old post just so others can read it. The Tiger has much thicker armor than the Sherman. However a shell hitting a Shermans front from a perfect angle will have to penetrate almost as much armor as the Tigers flat front armor. But even so the Tiger tanks had far better Steel Quality and effectively a Tiger could not be destroyed by the Sherman cannon at all (only from the rear from very close) , the same goes for all Tank guns at the time , it wasn't possible to penetrate the Tiger armor unless using a very big shell like the Tigers own 88. Tiger tanks usually weren't destroyed in battle at all. They were abandoned by crew and blown up by them when running out of ammo and fuel. Infantry could not destroy it with something like a panzerfaust. The same goes for the Shermans front armor, a Panzerfaust wouldn't go through, but it would from the sides. If they had made the Tiger realistic only rocket tanks and planes would be able to destroy it in the game and dynamite but probably only by climbing onto the tank and putting it onto the weakest part, the roof. 

Message 5 of 8 (1,934 Views)

★★★ Novice

Because those are axis tanks and nothing can be better some murica tanks

Message 6 of 8 (1,896 Views)

★ Novice

They had to make the tiger a lot stronger and possibly more realistic and can only be obtained with score points, maybe that would look a lot better than turning the tiger into a cat

Message 7 of 8 (528 Views)

Hero

Since this thread is a few years old now I'm going to close it. 

However, as BFV no longer receives large scale updates, there aren't going to be any sweeping changes made to the game at this point.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 8 of 8 (506 Views)