Re: Hold the Fort (Tides of War) bugged

by dalek_7

Original Post

Re: Assignments not progressing

★★★★★ Novice

I was having the same trouble last night, getting bandage resupplies to count towards the goal.

While I can't speak for every platform, rebooting my xbox by pulling the power cable for one minute and restarting the game allowed me to start progressing again.

Message 120 of 1,056 (582 Views)

Unable to progress by completing assignments in Tides of War

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One S
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Conquest
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen? All
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) The last few days
Summarize your bug Playing Tides of War Chapter 1 Overture. I had been playing and making progress in unlocking the VGO. However when I joined an Xbox team (invite through a live party) with a friend to play as a team in multiplayer conquest through the Tides of War game mode my progress in unlocking additional steps stopped. The message from my Xbox console show that I had reverted back to the original task to heal yourself 10 times even though I was well beyond that. The person I was playing with was making progress in unlocking though. He had just started playing Chapter 1 Overture. Once I left the live party play and went back in to play multiplayer by myself I was able to start making progress again. I played with my friend the next day and he reported to me that he was experiencing the very same issue that I had shared with him the previous day. He wasn't progressing and unlocking and showed the same beginning point. One note to make you do not make any progress in that state. Even though you are performing self healing. My friend reported the same to me.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You would need to play multiplayer Tides of Ware on Xbox as a Liver Party and see if anyone is progressing by completing assignments..
What happens when the bug occurs? You do not make progress by completing assignments.
What should be happening instead? You should be able to complete those assignments in Tides of War to unlock special rewards.

Playing Tides of War Chapter 1 Overture. I had been playing and making progress in unlocking the VGO. However when I joined an Xbox team (invite through a live party) with a friend to play as a team in multiplayer conquest through the Tides of War game mode my progress in unlocking additional steps stopped. The message from my Xbox console show that I had reverted back to the original task to heal yourself 10 times even though I was well beyond that. The person I was playing with was making progress in unlocking though. He had just started playing Chapter 1 Overture. Once I left the live party play and went back in to play multiplayer by myself I was able to start making progress again. I played with my friend the next day and he reported to me that he was experiencing the very same issue that I had shared with him the previous day. He wasn't progressing and unlocking and showed the same beginning point. One note to make you do not make any progress in that state. Even though you are performing self healing. My friend reported the same to me. 

Message 121 of 1,056 (1,183 Views)

★★★ Guide

Here is what worked for me (it was the first game of today, so I do not know if that helped as well) I expressly selected the "Hold the Fort" objective to enter into a game.

Yesterday I entered with that Med Crate objective and killed some enemies with a stationary MG which did not do the trick, today when entering the game the objecitve showed in the assignment list and I was able to get it counting when shooting down a plane.

Message 122 of 1,056 (533 Views)

Re: Assignments not progressing

Hero (Retired)

Hey @Heffay01 @Golgo8888 @SirKevly @SiIikus,

If you are trying to join through the Tides of War menu, it looks like the assignments may not progress.

I would try quickmatching the normal way through the Multiplayer Menu, or using Server Browser.

Give that a try, and see if the assignments will start tracking for you.

Let us know.

Thanks Standard smile 

★★ Novice

Same here on ps4pro. Several kills on stationary machine Guns, one kill on AA stationary, still doesn't count

Message 124 of 1,056 (512 Views)

★ Novice
Worked for me by playing support on Hamada and using the stationary canon on the A flag.
Message 125 of 1,056 (637 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah it’s happening to me go on Xbox one, I would kill an enemy, think that I would get it, and nothing 

Message 126 of 1,056 (627 Views)

★★★ Newbie

for me the fortifications one won't progress at all all game on arras conquest only do fortifications but no progress

Message 127 of 1,056 (622 Views)

★ Novice
I am the same on xbox1x kills don’t register and I can’t progress
Message 128 of 1,056 (602 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Have been trying to get this 1 kill with stationary like three days now. Got multiple kills with multiple stationary on different maps & game modes but still no progress and reward on tides of war. (PS4)

Message 129 of 1,056 (1,208 Views)