Re: Summary list on HOW TO FIX the random crashes in Battlefield V

by Iron-Foot-III

Original Post

Summary list on HOW TO FIX the random crashes in Battlefield V

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hey guys!

There are many threads reporting random crashes,mostly without any message,and many possible solutions on how  to fix it.

So i decided to make a list with the possible fixes mentioned here and there in this forum.

First let's start with the basics

check that:

1.your PC meets the minimum requirements of the game

2.all your hardware is working properly

3.you have the latest updates installed for every hardware on your PC (if not Driver Easy will help you update everything nice and easy)

4.Clean uninstall and re-install of your graphics card's drivers

Try the generic solutions recommended by the EA Support group (who knows,may help you)

1.Clear the Origin cache  https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

2.Repair the game (left click on the game's icon and choose the option repair game)

3.Turn off the Origin in-game Overlay, and any other Overlays you might be using such as Discord, Nvidia GeForce Experience,etc.

4.Use CCleaner: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-use-ccleaner-to-fix-pc-issues/

Now let's go deeper into more (simple or more sophisticated) possible solutions

In game:

1.Change,if you are using,in Audio options,the 3D Headphones option to default or anything else for ex wartapes

2.Change from DX12 to DX11 and viceversa

3.Turn on the Future Frame Rendering option

4.Turn off RTX and DLSS

Not in game:

1.Re-install DirectX (just in case)

2.In Windows,the virtual memory should be activated and managed by windows

3.Increase slightly the voltage of the CPU (by 0.002v as recommended)

4.Remove ANY kind of overclock from your PC included the XMP.

I recommend to reset the BIOS to the default settings.EVERYTHING at stock!

Try play again some rounds,if it doesn't crash then overclock one hardware at the time.

5.Check your installation hard drive for errors.

6.Open up Battlefield V\__Installer\vc\vc2015\redist\ and select vc_redist.x64 or vc_redist.x86 if you have 32 bit OS. Install them.

I hope these possible solutions help you solve and run the game without any crashes.

I'll try to update this thread every time a find a new possible way to solve the issue.

As you can understand there can be hundreds and hundreds possible conflicts that can cause the game crash, i just mention the most relevant fixes found on the forums

If any of the above recommendations help you ,please reply below which one was it,in this way you help the devs understand what's the problem and fix it.

VERY IMPORTANT:Any modification you do in BIOS is AT YOUR OWN RISK i don't take any responsibility!!

Many thanks to those who proposed the solutions and spend hours and hours trying to find the sourse of these problems!RESPECT!

#BCITW

Snake Eyes

Message 1 of 9 (7,351 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

This has continued from Battlefield 1. I get DX crashes almost every time I play either game. Very annoying to say the least! I tried every fix mentioned I could find anywhere on the web. This crash happens whether components are overclocked or running stock speeds, including BIOS at default. I tried every possible driver I could. Both games continue to crash with DX error. This issue began with the release of BF1.

In Battlefield V, it doesnt matter whether running SLI or single card, I still get the error. Funny that my GTX580 3GB has never crashed during Battlefield 1 gameplay.

I swapped out the GTX680 cards and put them in an X58 i7-960 system, and I get exact same crashes. So I beleive it is safe to assume it isnt my X79 system causing the issues. As I said, in BFV, it will crash whether I am running SLI or single card during game play.

I did a fresh Win7 install as well with no luck.

Yes, my GTX680s are old. But hey, they crush both BF1 and BF5 at ULTRA settings and 1920X1080 rez.

So, please tell us who is at fault; nvidia or EA/Dice. Please fix this problem.

I am hoping there is going to be an actual solution. The proposed solution(s) in this forum and the others only run a person in circles. This is a wide spread issue. Not sure why it is not being addressed.

My sys specs:

mobo: Asus RIVF (tried several different BIOS versions with no luck)

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4300mhz

MEM: Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-2400mhz @ 2200mhz

GPU: EVGA GTX680 4GB 2-way SLI @ 1175/1700

SSD; Corsair Neutron 240GB

PSU: Corsair AX1200i

Win7 Pro 64

Custom Water cooling on CPU and GPUs, so heat isnt the issue.

Message 2 of 9 (7,059 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same here still have no idea how to fix it 5/19/2020

Message 3 of 9 (4,691 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

If so many people have this issue, and all of the steps above just don't work, then they should make a patch. 

I have just build a new PC. All drivers installed. Yes, I used easydriver as well. This is a proper build!

Still, I can't ever finish a round of conquest, because my PC decides to suddenly restart. 

Message 4 of 9 (4,680 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

When BETA was released, I played normal with my GTX 1080 Ti no crashes nothing it was running perfectly, now I bought the game and I have a RTX 2080 and it is always closing the game with no reason, the other day I changed the field of view in multiplayer and the game closed.

Message 5 of 9 (4,567 Views)

★ Guide

I'm really sorry to hear that guys.Above there are proposed more than 10 possible solutions that would fix any problem in any game,but not in this one!if nothing worked then you must consider that probably there is something wrong with the game itself and not your rigs.

You want my honest opinion?Don't even bother with this game,don't waste any time on it,it's a bad game from A to Z.I tried to liked it but,simply put,it's bad,from its code to the still existings bugs and eventually the experience it offers.No surprises Dice will stop the support after June's update.It's a dead game already.

If you want some serious action go back to BF1 to 4 or even 3,valid games!

Message 6 of 9 (4,538 Views)

★★ Novice
@SnakeEyesPC Sorry man, your fixes don't work. Thanks for sticking in the time though but this must be an issue with the game not all of our PCs. I just don't understand why Dice isn't putting in an effort for this issue. It makes the game literally unplayable.
Message 7 of 9 (3,987 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@Serrie12Soo, I had these issues for over a year, it was simply that the game has bouts where it heats up, and with overclocks it probably made it worse and the game couldn't account for the speeds/vs temp ratios

Simply, it was too much heat in my computer case, plain and simple, and while some will say, I have excellent coolers, most people forget, while it keeps your gpu/cpu cool, your motherboard,ssd,ram all have temp limits as well, and without a good airflow in and out of the case, can cause random ctd, soft crashes and blue screens(and in part yes, it's battlefield v's fault as it is the only game that runs these high temperatures, aka just poor optimizations in a generally speaking term)

I was plagued by this issue for the longest time,with nothing working, I put my hardware into a 5 fan case, dh-15 cooler cpu, not a single issue at all anymore, I can even push my settings further now without the issue

Message 8 of 9 (3,918 Views)

★★★ Expert
@Serrie12 Try also new origin version, turn beta participation off.
Message 9 of 9 (3,891 Views)