Stutters in DXR

by groundedjet

Original Post

Re: Stutters in DXR

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Atic I did. And I'll bring back today my DX to 12 and test it. I let you know if it works
Message 31 of 51 (1,379 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Atic @Carbonic @ScubyFlying @CloneTrooperCT 

I did what Carbonic suggested with the lastest Windows and 431.60 Nvidia driver, and there is still stutter with DXR. There is a guaranteed stutter when I spawn in the map and it shows all the flags animation.

Message 32 of 51 (1,362 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@groundedjet Well thanks for telling me this. Than I don't need to test it.
Yesterday I played BF5 with DXR and DX12 off and no stuttering. Even I have the windows10 1903 update and the last nvidea update.
Message 33 of 51 (1,356 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@groundedjet wrote:

I did what Carbonic suggested with the lastest Windows and 431.60 Nvidia driver, and there is still stutter with DXR. There is a guaranteed stutter when I spawn in the map and it shows all the flags animation.

There will always be stuttering the first 0-30 seconds when you enter a server. Then it should go away for the most part.

@CloneTrooperCT 

1903 is not enough, I mentioned the build on purpose, it was an update that arrived recently to 1903 that fixed it for many people, not the 1903 update itself.

All this being said though, I don't really recommend playing with DXR on. It takes too many FPS away for a fast phased shooter.

carbonic signature

Message 34 of 51 (1,348 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't think 'don't use DXR' is a great answer especially with such big companies involved in this but it does appear to be the only answer.

Message 35 of 51 (1,313 Views)

★★★ Novice

winver 18362.295 (closest I could get to what was posted). Still happens.

Freshly launching the game, of course yes it stutters when you join the map. But even after playing that same map for 5+ minutes, I will respawn and another stutter. Now I can play more to get a better feel for how much it may have been 'improved' since the last time I tested, but it is certainly not gone.

Message 36 of 51 (1,294 Views)

Community Manager

Just a quick heads up!

Nvidia dropped a new driver today which should help performance for BFV.

Nvidia Gamescom Driver Announcement

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/gamescom-2019-game-ready-driver/

Blueberry.png
Message 37 of 51 (1,270 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes I did hear about that. I am running the nvidia 436.02 (2080 Ti here) driver and I am on windows 10 1903 build 18362.295 

I played 3 conquest matches and a few minutes of rotterdam. FPS seems better but rotterdam and DXR for sure dip to low 60s and in some cases even 50s on 2560x1440 .

I tried to play a few different matches and honestly I think it may have resolved something. I don't want to be premature until I spend a few more hours playing but so far it hasn't seemed to stutter yet.

Message 38 of 51 (1,256 Views)

★ Guide

@Syranetic @EA_Blueberry 

Using the Nvidia 436.02 driver, there is still random stutters.

Message 39 of 51 (1,236 Views)

★ Guide

There is still stutters with update 4.6. There is a guaranteed stutter during spawn and all the flags animation. Another follows that. I think it stops after the second stutter on Rotterdam. Changing to another map, Narvik, there is a stutter during the spawn animation from overview map to first person view. I used the Nvidia 436.02 driver.

Message 40 of 51 (1,181 Views)