Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number AMD R9 390
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 GB
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Conquest
Please select your region Australia
On which server did this happen? ALL OF THEM
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) ALWAYS
Summarize your bug If I spot on the map and there is a flag in my line of sight, the attack marker is changed. This is NEVER wanted. I have the commo-rose to select attack points. This is also an old issue with your games. I NEVER want to change attack marker by spotting. Why do i ahve to fill this out again? And why is 'Required field' still being rendered over the top? Jesus, your bug reporting system sucks.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Spot.
What happens when the bug occurs? The attack marker is changed
What should be happening instead? The enemy is spotted.

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number AMD R390
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 GB
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Conquest
Please select your region Australia
On which server did this happen?
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
Summarize your bug If I spot on the map and there is a flag in my line of sight, the attack marker is changed. This is NEVER wanted. I have the commo-rose to select attack points. This is also an old issue with your games. I NEVER want to change attack marker by spotting.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Spot with a flag in your line of sight.
What happens when the bug occurs? The attack marker is changed.
What should be happening instead? The enemy should be spotted.

Message 1 of 7 (510 Views)

Re: Spotting changes attack marker!

★ Apprentice

I had to fill this out twice because you bug report form doesn't work. Fix that too.

Message 2 of 7 (509 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey did you read the how to bug report? Standard smile @AxeFindle 

Thanks for the report, its less of a bug and more of a feedback on how it should work. 

I'm moving the post to game information. 

/Atic 

Message 3 of 7 (500 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I shouldn't need to read a document telling me how to file a bug report. It should be self evident and error proof.

But I see what you're saying I think. To me, it's a bug. I 'spot' - that's one action and I get 'change attack marker' that's a completely different and unwanted action.

Message 4 of 7 (491 Views)

★★★ Guide

this is not BFV specific but was the case in all BF-games. I guess it could be changed if there would be different keys settable for spotting and issuing orders (which we do not have in the game)

Message 5 of 7 (477 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@II__SUSHI__II 

Hi @II__SUSHI__II 

In BF1 you were able to change that. The default settings were indeed that the spot button could be used both for spotting and selecting a capture point as a squad leader. The option was called: Context-Based Order Giving 

BF4, I think it was also possible but then differently. You had to hold the spot button for capture point and just a short tap to spot someone. For BF5 they choose to do it the way it currently is, so only scouts can spot. In way logical to me, while I really miss spotting myself since I don't like to play a scout class. But when you are a support class for instance, and level up it gives you an option to have your squad mates see the enemy with your suppressed fire. 

This I mean: 

Machine Gunner Traits

Bullet Storm: You have increased suppression ability.
Focused Fire: Automatically spot enemies when you fully suppress them. 

But who knows, if enough people want the option back they might add it in later. 

Message 6 of 7 (464 Views)

★★★ Guide

And I learned something again! I agree it would be nice to get the option (again).

Message 7 of 7 (435 Views)