Since the new patch I am unable to buy weapons from ToW:Overture

by Deadhammer666

Original Post

Since the new patch I am unable to buy weapons from ToW:Overture

★★ Novice

Hello,

Since the new 55gb patch dropped on 15.01.19 I have no longer the option to buy VGO, Ag m/42 and Selbstlader 1906. Previously, after the event ended there were available for 1700 CC, now they are completely gone from the menus. Can somebody help?

PS. In attachment there is screenshot of Support weapons, VGO was at the bottom with the option to buy it before 15.01.19, now it's not showing at all

Message 1 of 8 (570 Views)

Re: Since the new patch I am unable to buy weapons from ToW:Overture

Hero

Hi @Deadhammer666 and welcome to Answers HQ!

Looking at this thread I almost have more questions than answers Tongue out 

The patch was not 55GB, more around 2-5GB depending on the platform you play on (which you don't mention.)

You are correct that the weapons are no longer available for purchase - I imagine they will come back at some point, all you need to do is to be patient, in the meantime it looks like you don't lack weapons to unlock so still lots to play for Standard smile

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 8 (536 Views)

★★★ Novice

I also have this problem--I play on PC, and I believe the January patch was close to 13GB for me. And I'm extremely unsatisfied with this nebulous "it will be available again" response--I missed the entirety of week 4 because I was on a vacation I had planned months in advance, and I did not know the chapter unlock weapons were even buyable with Company Coins until after I left because nowhere in the in-game Tides of War screens, weapon reward information screens, event announcement cards, or other in-game information was it pointed out that the reward weapons would be available in that manner. I had the Company Coins available when I left, and I absolutely would have bought the Ag m/42 had I known that was an option; instead, I'm left without a path to obtain it.

Message 3 of 8 (497 Views)

★★ Novice
Yeah, that was pretty much my problem, I also have the version on PC, I even contacted support with the same info and assistant provided me with the same answer - that people had problem with buying the weapons (so THEY screwed up something) so that option has been revoked.

I was also instructed to check the official statement and update, and my question is, is there a place where THE STUDIO adressed this problem officialy and are providing any info on the progress?

This is really frustrating and "in the meantime it looks like you don't lack weapons to unlock so still lots to play for" is patronizing answer - I don't play support, I was giving an example. At the time I clicked "solved" when I read that weapons are no longer available, but you are right Prototype27.

I'm not from USA and I payed a huge ammount of my salary for pre-ordered Deluxe Edition!

The game went on sale immediately after launch, and I did not complain - but "yea, you have to wait, we don't know what is happening plus you have lots of other stuff to unlock so shut up" is arrogant and pitiful attempt at the answer.

WHEN can I enjoy the content I PAYED FOR? Till next patch? Till 2020? Does anyone have any specifics or statement from the studio itself about the progress of FIXING A BUG that is preventing players from enjoying full content of the product?
Message 4 of 8 (484 Views)

★★ Novice
bump
Message 5 of 8 (461 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @Deadhammer666  @prototype27  @Carbonic , 

We are aware of this issue and looking in to fixing the problem that you cant buy the ToW guns with company coins, but no ETA currently. 

/Atic

Message 6 of 8 (424 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Atic
Thank you for straight-forward answer, that's all I've been looking for Standard smile
Hope you'll fix it soon, because I started enjoying MMGs and VGO looks very promising Wink
Message 7 of 8 (416 Views)

★★ Novice

I just have one last question - could you add this bug to the topic "[Info] Known issues (updated 14 Dec)" when new update to said topic will be added?

I was trying to find any mention by the studio about this problem and your answer is the only thing even referring to the problem, and this topic will soon be "lost" because of new ones.

Would putting this glitch into official bug list be a problem?

Message 8 of 8 (405 Views)