Set up for the most FPS in BFV

by 2042isNotBF

Original Post

Re: Set up for the most FPS in BFV

★ Apprentice

Future rendering doesnt work well on dx12.
My setup with futurerendering on dx1 doesnt give me any FPS DROPS/stutters etc.

Dx12 maybe its good but i dont like my screen tearing and not stable Wink

I like everything perfect Standard smile

Message 31 of 47 (4,090 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Sebash92 lol I do not use Future frame rendering it is Off and I do not have any stutters or screen tearing on DX12. Future frame rendering can and will increase your input lag be it DX11 or DX12.

Message 32 of 47 (4,084 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

If I dissable my future rendering I got fps drops, i will never believe you dont have any drops under 144 fps which will make your screen tearing/stutters Wink
ANd it doesnt matter its on dx11 or dx12
Settings all low, copied ur cfg, settings etc and we have similar PC setup

Ur settings in game also at low + mesh at ultra?

Message 33 of 47 (4,076 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Sebash92 Yes your FPS will go down when you turn off Future frame rendering no question and if you use Future frame rendering your FPS go up but you get more input lag aka harder to get kills lol. I never said I never get 120fps I said my average fps is 140 -180 depending on what video card driver I use and whats map I am on and whats going on around me on each map. I don't use the settings in the cfg as I have no need to  use them as I have done a Manual overclock on my CPU 4.5GHz. And I have done a OC on my GPU 1708MHz. I also use win 10 enterprise and I can turn off  more apps etc / have more control  then other win 10 users can on home or pro etc. As well as I do not allow many programs on my game rig only what I need to game. And as far as you don't believe me I don't get screen tearing etc this is your choice and I don't care. 

Message 34 of 47 (4,063 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hey @2042isNotBF @Sebash92 

Ahhhh the great FFR debate... it never ends lol

Some people get good results, some don't. Its PC environment specific.

Just buy a £4000 setup and you are good to go... (if you have unlimited funds!) :eahigh_file:

Message 35 of 47 (3,983 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@IICookieGII thanks for your answer. Well if it comes to FFR everyone with not so good setup should read this thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/9vte98/future_frame_rendering_an_explanation/

(I hope I can link reddit)

Also I get deeply inside my setup and I noticed I forget to OC my GPU Memory Clock. +450 Mhz gave me a lot of FPS with UV OC on curve 984mv/1900mhz
So OC 1080ti with 8600k also after OC is barely enough for 144hz. Because now I dont drop under 140 fps. Before I didnt OC my memory clock I had drops.
Also we talking here about no future rendering + dx12 - because dx12 is actually much better than more ppl think compare to dx11. It gives a lot more fps compare to dx11.

Also what I found (because I like to searching).
For bf5, actually frostbite you need a CPU with a lot of threads, 8600k is unfortunately only 6 threads. Even a bit worse CPU with 12 threads will be much better and gives you more fps + i would said that you would be able to have only 1070ti or 1080.

+ of course all settings in this thread which can be also found in google because its very common setttings to use even in bf4/3

Tl;dr:
Feel free to use FFR if you did everything with ur settings and OC and still got drops under 140 which gives crazy stutters/tearing for your eyes, number 1 or even 2 for FFR(nvidia) gives very not noticable input lag(check thread at reddit). And consider to dont use FFR and have fps drops its not worth for me, unless you dont care like me who likes clean vision.
Also as I mention for bf5 you need a cpu with a lot of threads, more than 6 for sure, because as you can see my 8600k is barely not enough. (even if its very good cpu)

Peace

Message 36 of 47 (3,968 Views)

★★★ Newbie

good idea

Message 37 of 47 (3,467 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Trying changes the language 

Message 38 of 47 (3,455 Views)

★★★ Newbie