Reset weapon unlocks

by CaptainLefty

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Reset weapon unlocks

★★ Novice

I'm a new player, I bought the Definitive edition on sale for $20, and I kinda regret it instead of just getting the standard addition. It wasn't totally clear that all the guns would be unlocked. I'm looking to just reset them so I can unlock them as I go. It's not the end of the world, it just feels unwieldy to have everything unlocked.

I tried to do a case, and I've got:

RECOMMENDED SUPPORT OPTION
Call EA Help

Thank you for contacting us. We'd love to troubleshoot your issue and get you back in the game!

To speed up that process, we need to talk to you on the phone.

Our advisors are available 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. UTC, Monday - Saturday.

But there's no phone number... requesting a callback just spins on 'creating your case'. 

Message 1 of 6 (1,569 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Reset weapon unlocks

EA DICE Team
@CaptainLefty unfortunately there is no way to start from 0.

/Atic

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (1,498 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Pro
@CaptainLefty Unfortunately I don't believe you can do this unless you create a new account and don't install the weapon unlock DLC. I could be wrong but I believe this same question was asked a few months ago and there was nothing that could be done without creating a new account.

On a positive note though, there are some melee weapons and skins that came with that edition you would otherwise have missed as they were once off, special events. So you've got to take the good with the bad, sure you may not get the enjoyment of getting an unlock as you grind but you'll also have weapons/skins others wont have as they missed out Standard smile
Message 2 of 6 (1,540 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I don’t think you can ask EA to remove content that you have purchased, but still, there are objectives to make, like level up every weapon to 10.. or level up each class until 20. And there are also some skins (even golden ones) to unlock by doing certain tasks for each weapon. Hope that might help your experience in-game 

Message 3 of 6 (1,520 Views)

EA DICE Team
@CaptainLefty unfortunately there is no way to start from 0.

/Atic
Message 4 of 6 (1,499 Views)

★★ Novice

Very well, thanks everyone. Not the end of the world, it was more just slowly unlocking weapons gives me a structured path instead of swimming in weapons.

My current solution is only exploring with the 'first' weapon I have that's not level 4 yet. Or put it another way, I'm 'unlocking' my weapons by getting the ones above them to level 4. Slightly less fun, slightly more grindy in some ways, but eh. It works.

Message 5 of 6 (1,471 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@CaptainLefty The important is that it works! Standard smile
Message 6 of 6 (1,466 Views)