Re: Poor framerate for the first 3 minutes of every match

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Poor framerate for the first 3 minutes of every match

★★ Novice

For the first two months I owned the game, I could play perfectly in near-ultra settings at 60fps.

One day, as I opened the game, the game was running at 1fps in the main menu. After a couple of minutes, it was back at 60 so I could move around and enter a game.

Ever since, whenever I join a game, for the first 30 seconds I run it at 1fps. Then, for another 2 minutes, I get a highly variable framerate, going from 60 to 5 and back to 60.

Is there a setting I can turn on/off in order to make this bug go away?

My system's settings are:
-16GB of RAM

-NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660TI (Mobile)

-Intel Core i7-9750H

Message 1 of 7 (630 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

@EA_Atic 

Rolling back to NVidia's 460,79 driver solved it for me.

I think this should be notified to the developers to fix any compatibility problems with the new NVidia drivers.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (531 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hey, @BanishedMorgoth make sure that all drivers for windows are up to date, also worth to reinstall the GPU drivers for your PC.

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Battlefield V and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 2 of 7 (587 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Atic 

I tried to do a clean boot and also tried turning off any overlay programs but I still have this problem.

I attached the log I got from the Dxdiag.

Message 3 of 7 (576 Views)

EA DICE Team

Do you have any overheating while playing and can you take a look on your usage in taskmanger at the same time is there anything spiking to 100% while FPS is low? @BanishedMorgoth 

/Atic 

Message 4 of 7 (557 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Atic 

The temperatures during these lag spikes are 75-80°C, 15°C below the max. recommended temperature by the manufacturer (95°C).

Also, the CPU usage does not go above 57%. GPU stays at 6% and it's only using 6GB of RAM (16GB available).

I will try to roll back to an older version of my GPU driver (as adviced by an user in Reddit). If this works, I will notify you of the succes of this attempt so that you can report it to the devs.

In case it doesn't, I will provide a link to a private video in Youtube of what I'm experiencing when I try to play the game.

Message 5 of 7 (537 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Atic 

Rolling back to NVidia's 460,79 driver solved it for me.

I think this should be notified to the developers to fix any compatibility problems with the new NVidia drivers.

Message 6 of 7 (532 Views)

EA DICE Team
@BanishedMorgoth would be a Nvidia who need sort it out. Standard smile

Thanks for sharing!

/Atic
Message 7 of 7 (441 Views)