Please take out "in a life" assignment requirements

by M1070

Original Post

Please take out "in a life" assignment requirements

★★★★★ Novice

My friend and I have been trying to complete these "in a life" requirements for some of these weapon assignments to little or no avail. We believe they are unachievable and your making us use these weapons out of their normal game play. I am sure there are others out there that think so to. Maybe change they to "in a round" would make them achievable. It seems to be a awful lot of work to earn skins for these weapons that gives you no benefit in the game at all.

Message 1 of 11 (386 Views)

Re: Please take out "in a life" assignment requirements

★ Expert
@M1070 This has been a complaint for a long time.

In the beginning these had some hidden options, like doing a 100 kills (or what-ever the number was), but this was removed.

This gets even worse, with the stupid system of having to select specific tracked assignments. It only makes you waste a lot of time trying to do certain tasks, which are often not even very beneficial to your team.

But its too late now, nothing will change in BFV at this point.

Hopefully BF6 improves on this, the assignments less "obnoxious" and all assignments are tracked all the time (like in BF4).
Message 2 of 11 (378 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

why is it that way? I have complain about a lot things in every version on BF. It seem the same problems follows along to each version. What do they do, paste and copy?

Message 3 of 11 (361 Views)

I like the 'in a single life' assignments because the alternate objective usually requires an entire match worth of effort - normally for a mastery assignment you only need 7ish kills which is definitely doable.

The ones I really can't stand are the X kills in objective areas and the attack/defend objectives (especially fpr snipers)

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 4 of 11 (338 Views)

★★ Pro

@M1070The really hard assingments are called Mastery for a reason. It should not be easy to fulfill the requirements and having "in one life" challenges is a good way of doing that. However, there are things about the assingments, that should have been changed like @TTZ_Dipsy already said. All the requirements, that you don´t have control over like enemies being within an objective area or requirements, that purposely make you not play a weapon to their strenghts like collecting headshots with SARs and SLRs, is pretty much a dumb idea. We have benn complaining about this since the release of the game, but DICE has never reworked the assignments.

Especially, as the game is not being developed anymore, there is not going to be any change to them.

Message 5 of 11 (321 Views)

Hero

While I agree on the whole that the "in a life" thing can be annoying, and would like a cumulative option too due to this, there aren't going to be any changes at this point. 

The SMGs and newer weapon assignments aren't too bad, as you can usually do them on Breakthrough (attacking on close quarters maps helps massively), but I gave up on the original SLR masteries a long time ago. Too frustrating for little reward. 

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 6 of 11 (301 Views)

★ Expert
@N4v1s I totally understand this.

But the problem is that some people waste a lot of time trying to do these assignments, and in the mean-time the team often suffers for it.

I have given up on some of them, because some of them are situational (especially x kills in objective areas) and I find it boring spending time camping objectives for assignments.
Message 7 of 11 (276 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@TTZ_Dipsy The sniper ones are actually really easy when it comes to objectives because you can stand in the objective area and get kills outside, which counts as a defensive kill. If you play on breakthrough it's easily achievable when on the defending side and you have a relatively decent team.
The only one I'm having a hard time with atm is 10 headshots in one round whilst prone. I don't like staying still stood up let alone prone lol.

I can't speak for the other classes because in BFV I just haven't bothered with them so much.
Message 8 of 11 (266 Views)

Hero
@CarbonCarl Can't you just knock the prone kills out in Combined Arms?

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 9 of 11 (262 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@ElliotLH I honestly haven't tried, I only ever play Conquest, Domination and Breakthrough. I might take a look tonight tho and see how it plays out. 👍

I can get plenty of kills, they're just never prone. I think the last time I really tried was in Conquest and I got 9/10.
Message 10 of 11 (260 Views)