Re: PC - Battlefield V - Crash on startup

by N4v1s

Original Post

★★ Novice

Great point!  Even though I have since fixed this problem, I remember when I was having the settings file issue I was also having One Drive issues as well; so your solution makes a lot of sense and hopefully can help anyone that comes across this forum in the future.

Message 21 of 27 (2,443 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This is one of the issues with windows 10 file corruption with windows updates and other updates, I have windows update turned off and almost all windows security features turned off. The problem is with file permissions, been saying this for quite some time now. 

If we do a windows update or driver update with anti malware turned on some files don't get written properly or replaced,  this causing apps not to open properly, if we go and do a uninstall of the last update to solve the problem, windows update does not remove the new security files and removes other updates, causing applications to lose permissions and eventually causing to reset this pc.

Reset this PC always restores updates, if these updates are the issues we are back to square A.

My advice is setup 1909 from an ISO not from Microsoft update tool,  this also installed all the latest security patch and other stuff that damages windows from working properly. Unplug your internet to install winblows, once winsucks setup, pause winblows update, just spam the pause till the pause don't pause anymore, go to gpedit and disable winblows updates, and winsucks defender BS. .

Now your set to setup drivers then BF5.

At this point your ready to make a image of your setup. If U feel the need to setup updates because of some reason DONT, there is nothing there except headaches and YOU will be saying why did I DO THAT. If U fall into this rest assure your backup will work, been there done it. Thanks for image backup.

DO not update to version 2004.

Electrical migration is an issue with memory, most of the cause is dust and poor quality PSU, or Cheap compactors, and transformers in the MB. When buying parts I always go for gold plated hardware.

Message 22 of 27 (2,424 Views)

★★ Novice
@isakth Thanks thanks thanks!!! I was almost giving up then I tried what you said. Onedrive was the root of my problems. Thanks!
Message 23 of 27 (2,376 Views)

★★ Novice

Tried everything here. I dont have one drive. Start game. CPU takes +30 degrees and goes up to 78 degree (which is nothing) then entire computer crash.

So last ressort, got the game refunded.

I have paid in advance for the upcoming version of BF. If on launch I start it and it does not work, I will ask for a refund.

to EA team: Quality is paramount. A software that does not run is a software that is not worth paying for.

Message 24 of 27 (1,653 Views)

★★ Pro
@psyquest When you entire PC crashes immediately after starting the game, there has so be something wrong and most likely it is not the game. However, as you already refunded the game, there is no way for us to help you with your problem. Next time concider posting here before giving up on an issue like this. Standard smile
Message 25 of 27 (1,630 Views)

★★ Novice

got the game refunded from steam. bought it again on EA, downloaded it again. run game: no issue.

no, not only the problem is not my PC but the game on steam has an issue and has a 5Gb difference with the one on the EA platform.

Message 26 of 27 (1,615 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 27 of 27 (1,580 Views)