PC Battlefield 5 High CPU usage, Low GPU usage

by 34e35b36d0fab3ba

Original Post

Re: PC Battlefield 5 High CPU usage, Low GPU usage

★ Apprentice

If you have a CPU bottleneck :

- try setting a reasonable FPS limit in game menu (will give some air to breathe to your CPU and stabilize framerate / prevent long framedrops).

- make sure windows 10 advanced system properties performance options are set to favor 'Programs' and not 'services' (will ensure good CPU time allocation to games)

- deactivate 'control flow protection' for the BFV exe in the windows 10 exploit protection settings app (control flow protection causes hiccups with big exes and BFV is 229Mo big - which is very big)

- make sure none of your cores are parked (with ParkControl or other similar tools)

As mentioned in previous answers, games push your system to the maximum so check your PSU is capable of powering it in this worst case scenario. PSU limitations are hard to diagnose and cause severe framedrops too.

Message 41 of 43 (2,777 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

One of my pc has a rysen 5 5600xt and it has the same issue. any other game runs fine and battlefield is at 99% to 100% usage and it works better with DX11 but still performs like garbage. With DX12 is so bad you cant even be in the menu. This game runs fine on another pc I have with a 590 video card and a rysen 5 3600. I dont get it. This game needs another look and a patch for this new cpu's.

I turned off C-State which is something like cool and quiet and the game runs at 23% and smooth as hell.

Message 42 of 43 (2,338 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield V please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 43 of 43 (2,297 Views)