[Outpost Mode] Recruit Mechanic Flaw

by blckbird2002

Original Post

[Outpost Mode] Recruit Mechanic Flaw

★ Apprentice

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Doesn't Matter?
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Rush
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen?
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
Summarize your bug Repairing a radio tower gives your team a free recruit (off timer)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1.Have a level 1 radio tower. 2. Enemy team damages Radio Tower (do not destroy it) with anti-tank weapons/tank shells 3. Repair radio tower 4. ... 5. Profit (gain a recruit)
What happens when the bug occurs? When the enemy team damages a level 1 radio tower (aka. a tank shoots it with 1-2 shots) the radio tower loses ~30%?hp. Then, when a support fixes the radio tower with two building ticks, the radio tower counts as it was freshly built. When you build a radio tower, your team gains 1 recruit. The damage and rebuild cycle can happen in roughly 5seconds. In this way, your team can gain recruits much faster than having the radio towers actually go through their timers.
What should be happening instead? When you repair a radio tower that isn't fully destroyed, it should retain its recruit timer instead of giving you 1 free recruit.

It isn't communicated that damaging radio towers is a detriment to your team when they are only level 1 when the enemy team can repair it. Considering you get a bunch of points for damaging a radio tower it's enough incentive to shoot them.

Seeing as this is a fringe case on a limited time mode, it isn't that big of an issue, but the mechanics of gaining a recruit can result in a win for a team that didn't actually hold more/higher level radio towers. Putting it in the bug section since it breaks the balance of the game mode.

An example would be: 1 enemy pakwagen (infinite ammo so it makes the problem worse) sitting far from point shelling radio tower while a player repaired the radio tower.

Message 1 of 4 (325 Views)

Re: [Outpost Mode] Recruit Mechanic Flaw

[ Edited ]
Champion

I can confirm that this happens. I got in a tank, shot at the enemy tower, and did damage. The enemy had several people repairing the tower and every time a certain amount of the tower was repaired, the enemy team increased its ticket count by 1. For each tower, the ticket count is supposed to increase by the tower's level (1, 2, or 3) once every minute. They were getting 1 point every few seconds, at exactly when the tower repaired a set amount.

If you found this post helpful, please leave XP.
If you disagree, please leave a comment.
Either way, it helps to make the post more informative.

I like game design - from itty bitty bugs to big ideas.
I don't work for EA.

Join us on our Easter Egg hunt.
Message 2 of 4 (274 Views)

★★★ Expert

O sorry @SterlingARCH3R and @blckbird2002 

I created a post about this in general section as I thought this is not a bug but how the game mode is designed: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Outpost-Not-smart-banging-a-tower-with-Pak40/td-p/86370... 

@EA_Atic , perhaps interesting to discuss between community managers? And can you merge the topics please? 

Thanks as always, 

Message 3 of 4 (263 Views)

Champion

@flyinghorse101 It could be intentional but I don't see the rationale in this. Even as a comeback mechanic, the winning team would typically have the towers up, and they'd just be able to win faster. 

If you found this post helpful, please leave XP.
If you disagree, please leave a comment.
Either way, it helps to make the post more informative.

I like game design - from itty bitty bugs to big ideas.
I don't work for EA.

Join us on our Easter Egg hunt.
Message 4 of 4 (255 Views)