No Sound - Bluetooth Headset - Fix

by tronwolverine

Original Post

Re: Great sound, EXCEPT for in multiplayer in Battlefield V

★★★ Newbie

I wonder that to. Like what is really the problem?

Message 41 of 48 (1,614 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I've seen quite a few reports where Bluetooth devices cause problems for "just this one game while the rest works perfect".

It's not just Battlefield V as people like to claim.

Having worked a little bit with the Bluetooth protocol I believe that's where the problem lies and not with individual applications like Battlefield which just accesses sound through DirectX like every other game.

The Bluetooth protocol has so many layers, some with an excess of complexity screaming that it was designed by a bunch of committees with different interests. Backward compatibility, forget it. Quality of the firmware out there? horrible, probably not a Bluetooth device out there without some bug built into it. If your combination of hardware and software happens to trigger a bug that only affects a single application you happen to use you might just be straight out of luck unless Windows patches something or one of your Bluetooth device gets a firmware or driver upgrade that happens to fix it.

After having worked a bit with Bluetooth I now just avoid it like the plague and only use it if absolutely needed.

carbonic signature

Message 42 of 48 (1,604 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You are absolutely right. To be more specific - the problem is with Windows (as usual, thank you Microsoft) but it is a well known problem. Basically - all OS can use aptx bluetooth codec (quality sound transmitted over BT 5) except windows. Windows - as I understand it - didnt built in a support for the aptx if the headset has microphone.

Windows can push quality sound in one direction only. So if your headset has microphone you need to switch to Windows super old handsfree mode which uses some 8kHz sound (sounds like a phone call Large smile ) and then it can do both ways - sound and microphone.

A simple workaround is that you BLOCK your BT headset microphone as a device and the sound works OK then in BF V. But what IS a BF V problem is the fact that I can't tell the game in its settings: Hey - dont use this device for microphone, use this instead... There is no device settings in BF 5 at all... Thats my opinion at least :-(

Message 43 of 48 (1,599 Views)

★★ Novice

This was the only thing I've found to help! Disable the microphone on my BT device got me back going. Thanks!

Message 44 of 48 (1,524 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @RaptaDubs.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 45 of 48 (1,498 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Disabling VOIP didnt even work for me

Message 46 of 48 (937 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

its incredible this is still an issue in 2023. 

Message 47 of 48 (309 Views)

Community Manager

Please do not bump older threads like this @SPICYBROWNS as it is considered spam.

Going to lock this thread now as it's quite old.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 48 of 48 (293 Views)