Re: Great sound, EXCEPT for in multiplayer in Battlefield V

by strijd-au

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No Sound - Bluetooth Headset - Fix

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have sound everywhere EXCEPT multiplayer.  I can hear everything up until I join the game, even the loading screen sounds.  But once I join the game, POOF no sound, nothing.  I have tried all the settings, and my graphics and sound card drivers are up to date.  I do not see a trouble shoot for this yet, please help!  Kinda hard to have any good game play in Multiplayer if I can't hear anything.  thank you.

Message 1 of 48 (60,985 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice
Message 32 of 48 (64,224 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@tronwolverine That doesn't sound great, can I ask what you are using for sound. If for example, you are using a headset with a mic as your default playback device AND your default communication device then you may need to go into settings and ensure that both are set to default under playback devices. 

You can do this by right-clicking on the speaker icon in your notification tray and selecting playabck devices.

Let me know if that helps or if your issue is related to another sound device.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 48 (60,918 Views)

★ Novice

I have this same exact issue. i was going to start a new thread because i found no useful information on the net researching it myself.

I loaded up BFV played the mandatory intro, all game menus are fine too. Tried loading a multiplayer match, i get audio right up until the match finishes loading. Then all audio is immediately cut off to my pc until a close BFV.

I use the Bowers & Wilkins PX headphones which are bluetooth/USB headphones with its own built in DAC. I thought these might be the cause of the problem however same issue happens when i plug them directly into my sound card with a 3.5mm cable which windows 10 will then recognise as just any other normal headphones plugged into a soundcard. (onboard audio from an ASUS ROG motherboard)

I had this problem in the beta too and dismissed it thinking it was an issue with the beta. I haven't had audio issues with sound in games since the old WIndows XP days. This is just baffling to me

I tried doing a bunch of things like disabling origin in-game, turning off sound notifications, disabling unused audio devices etc.. Makes no difference at all

Message 3 of 48 (60,905 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

well it looks like i found a work around

i just disabled in-game voip. this would explain why it only breaks during multiplayer matches. i am actually okay with this as i will normally only want to talk to my friends on discord anyway. works with any audio device too

Message 4 of 48 (60,896 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_DarkoHello, sorry for the slow response I was at work.  First, if I run sound through my HDMI to my TV then out to my Bose speakers there is no loss of sound in Multiplayer.  However, once I turn on my Bluetooth AKG N60NC headphones I ONLY loose sound when I go into Multiplayer.  I have sound at all other times.  I would like to play the game when I sometimes wake up at 3 am without making the rest of the house up so this kinda is a big pain.  I have tried to disable VOIP as this other person did but no effect.

Yes, I have made sure that the AKG headphones are selected in the sound settings, and I have tried EVERY sound setting for headphones, from Nighttime, to 3D sound, to standard, to speakers to everything.  I am at wit's end here.  So basically I can only play this game when everyone is awake in the house, and with my Bose speakers, still kinda can't because then the rest of the house won't be able to talk to each other LOL.  This issue does not present its self in any other EA game, such as Titaifall 2, or the other Battlefields or any other title I play from EA.  

I didn't have a sound issue in the BETA, though I will be honest I don't remember if I used the headphones or not.

Thank you for your time.

Message 5 of 48 (60,887 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @tronwolverine If you change in windows that the Bluetooth is the dedicated source for audio does it work then for you?

/Atic

Message 6 of 48 (60,848 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Atic It is set as the default. I don't uninstall or disable the other sound options, but the headphones are set as Primary when connected. It doesn't make sense that I have the sound all the way up to going into the Map for multiplayer, and as soon as I leave it the sound returns.
Message 7 of 48 (60,842 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ok, we have an update.  Now I can no longer join multiplayer at all.  The game crashes each time.  Solo play perfect, Multiplayer is a no go.  And I was using my speakers this time, not headphones.  WHAT IS GOING ON PLEASE HELP!  and according to User benchmark, I am running a UFO computer (I just bought it this year so it better be still good).  Can I please hethelp, I just want to play in Multiplayer with my friends.  This is not fun.

Message 8 of 48 (60,820 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey, @tronwolverine,

You can try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Battlefield V and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Try running a CCleaner to remove old temp files and cache.

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 9 of 48 (60,802 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic

I Did a clean boot, ensured Nivida Experience was turned off, I do not have Discord installed as I have never used it and well it just crashes going into multiplayer.

Message 10 of 48 (60,792 Views)