Monitor turns off after launch

by GenderlessWoman

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Monitor turns off after launch

★★★ Novice

I open BF5, it loads into a small window then it goes full screen into a black screen for 5 seconds then my monitor turns off and won't connect again. I use another monitor and the same thing happens. I can still hear the applications in the background but can't use keyboard shortcuts like alt + Tab or ctrl alt delete. Very frustrating as this is just a trial so I won't even be able to play the game at all. Run as admin does not work either, same results. 

CPU:: Ryzen 5 2600

GPU: Nvdia geforce 1060 6gb

PSU: 500W

Message 1 of 3 (3,001 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Monitor turns off after launch

★★ Apprentice

I was having the same problem, tried everything that was suggested. Uninstall game, uninstall origin, clear cache, clean boot. Nothing worked until i right clicked the BF5 shortcut on the desktop, chose properties, then under compatibility i checker run as administrator. clicked apply, then ran the game and was finally able to go thru the entire intro till it came back to the original way you select stuff and was then able to play without anymore crashing. Try that and see if that fixes your problem. I know i said no more crashes, the monitor going black (disconnecting) is considered a game crash.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (2,952 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Maybe the game resolution is higher then what the monitor can display. To fix this try:

-update windows

-delete bfv config /settings from documents\batllefield v folder and restart the game

-Update Nvidia drivers

-update monitor driver

-disable muti monitor

-try (pref. factory) another monitor cable

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 2 of 3 (2,988 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I was having the same problem, tried everything that was suggested. Uninstall game, uninstall origin, clear cache, clean boot. Nothing worked until i right clicked the BF5 shortcut on the desktop, chose properties, then under compatibility i checker run as administrator. clicked apply, then ran the game and was finally able to go thru the entire intro till it came back to the original way you select stuff and was then able to play without anymore crashing. Try that and see if that fixes your problem. I know i said no more crashes, the monitor going black (disconnecting) is considered a game crash.

Message 3 of 3 (2,953 Views)