Re: Mic doesn't work sometimes, requires game restart (Xbox Series X)

by jaedashson

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mic doesn't work sometimes, requires game restart (Xbox Series X)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I've noticed that sometimes my headset mic won't work sometimes, even though I haven't touched the settings.  I'll speak into the mic but the "speaking" icon in the bottom left of the HUD won't come up.  It seems that the only fix is to quit the game (as in Battlefield V itself, not the current match) and restart it.  Although I am not 100% sure, it seems to happen when I Quick Resume the game.  Has anyone encountered this problem or know a fix?  Thanks.

Edit: I should add that I know my mic is working because when it's not working in BFV, I can test it in Xbox party chat and it works.

Message 1 of 11 (1,237 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero

@jaedashsonYep that's exactly what happens. Occasionally I'll even need to try a couple of times.

Now I could be wrong but I'd guess that a reinstall won't fix it, as my thinking is that some features just aren't resuming along with the game, like VOIP. Couldn't hurt to give it a go of course.

It'd probably be best to just quit and restart, like @EA_Aljo mentioned, since it doesn't take long for the game to load from an SSD (I use an external one on my One X so it should be the same for you on the Series X).

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

View in thread

Message 7 of 11 (1,156 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @jaedashson.

If you don't use Quick Resume, does this issue still occur?

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 11 (1,210 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo Thank you for the reply. It doesn't seem to happen when the game is started without Quick Resume.
Message 3 of 11 (1,200 Views)

Community Manager

@jaedashson 

I've noticed Quick Resume causing issues with reconnecting. I'll have to restart the game to get it to properly connect again. I think for now the best way to handle this is to always completely close out of Battlefield V so that it has to be restarted again next time you play.

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 11 (1,183 Views)

Hero

Just to add to the above in case it's of use: I don't have a Series X myself (yet!) but have noticed similar issues when resuming on my One X. Usually what happens to me though is I need to reconnect to the EA servers. Quite often I'll just restart the game entirely though.

Message 5 of 11 (1,179 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@ElliotLH@EA_Aljo

Do you mean pressing RT on the screen that says something like 'You have been disconnected from the servers' does not work? I don't recall having that issue, except maybe once. I have noticed that it takes a few seconds before pressing RT gets registered, though.

Do you think uninstalling and reinstalling the game will have any effect?

Edit: I realized I didn't make this clear in my original post.  From my testing, I believe this problem occurs every time I Quick Resume the game, not just a minority of the time.

Message 6 of 11 (1,174 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@jaedashsonYep that's exactly what happens. Occasionally I'll even need to try a couple of times.

Now I could be wrong but I'd guess that a reinstall won't fix it, as my thinking is that some features just aren't resuming along with the game, like VOIP. Couldn't hurt to give it a go of course.

It'd probably be best to just quit and restart, like @EA_Aljo mentioned, since it doesn't take long for the game to load from an SSD (I use an external one on my One X so it should be the same for you on the Series X).

Message 7 of 11 (1,157 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I tried reinstalling the game but the same issue happens.  This doesn't happen to any one else?

Message 8 of 11 (1,034 Views)

Community Manager

@jaedashson 

I've had similar issues with multiple games. Any games that require an online connection for me have trouble with quick resume since the connection is lost when you switch to a different app or turn off your console. I've gotten in the habit of closing out my games and restarting them if they have trouble reconnecting with the quick resume feature.

Aljo.png
Message 9 of 11 (993 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My mic works fine in a party chat but not in game with randoms. I can hear them but my mic doesnt

Message 10 of 11 (743 Views)