Re: [Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

by OttoVP

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Atic I have come from the Xbox 360 days of playing battlefield and also played some BF1942 long ago. I am new to the PC world of gaming and taking me along time to learn the BF 5 game play. There is alot of different things about the BF series thats just not the same BF anymore.

That being said, I guess I am more confused with the "WHY" behind the Developers who create these games and not having a "Anti-cheat" already in the game and or How does one go about getting a cheat into the game in the first place? With the tech these days and know issues for decades, #1 for me is, why has someone not been able to develop a code or something in the game to prevent "CHEATS" from even being able to be put into the game?? I guess my issues is more with the developers of these games and why there's not a way to prevent cheats?

I am not to techie so maybe someone with more understanding can explain all this to me? thanks.
Message 101 of 326 (1,051 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Everything i know ....DICE Don't Give A Fu*k!
Seriously.

49a02964ea3b883176a0f45c523f90cd7bb828f8ca26929d675dc2e59b07a76c.jpg

Message 102 of 326 (1,007 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This thread is a waste of time. EA/DICE aren't going to do anything.

I play most nights. Every time I play, 2-3 hackers always show up on the server. Sometimes they move on after one match, other times they stay and wait for the server to empty.

Why punkbuster and/or fairfight were not a part of this game from the get go, like other BF titles, is beyond me.

Half the problem is no anti-cheat. The other half, is not allowing players to run their own servers from the get go. Players who ran their own servers were the best deterrent against the hackers/cheaters. This was hardly a problem in BF3 and BF4. It became a problem in BF1 and BFV. It can't be that hard to connect the dots - no anticheat and no dedicated servers.

I have just under 600 hours in BF3 and the same with BF4. Hackers/cheaters were the rarity. I have just under 300 hours in on BFV and I see them every day. They are like a cancer. If there was another FPS game out there that I like, I wouldn't continue to play this game.

Fixing it in this game now, I feel, would be a waste of time. It would be better to remaster either BF3 or BF4 and release that whilst working on and polishing a totally new BF title, with anticheat and dedicated server support from the get go. If you want to continue live server with that, whatever, but at least give us what we've been asking for for year and years.

Message 103 of 326 (977 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Atic 

I haven't bothered to know for sure how hackers hack games but I have programmed in languages that can take advantage of on screen colors, mouse movement ect.

My question to you is why cant EA create their own bot that goes in to spectator mode and see what everyone sees when they spectate a hacker and use tools hackers use but the to detect them instead of using them to cheat.

For eg: Cycle through each player for x amount of time and if in play on map. If true then temp ban x amount of times, then perm ban with ability to respond to the ban to get unbanned.

1. Are they invisible. That can be determined by looking at x.y from gun (gun is not invisible)

2. anything else that can be used to determine color, mouse movement accuracy between kills or whatever someone smarter than me can think of.

Message 104 of 326 (976 Views)

★★★ Expert

There is no name in the following pictures and have reported this player already according the process. 

Just wanted to add them in this discussion as I think it's valuable proof of whats going on, So EA and Dice can understand in a better way. 

Personally I gave up already... Report when it is so obvious, otherwise just gave up...

Enjoy the pictures. 

Battlefield V Screenshot 2020.01.09 - 19.14.58.65.png

Hello? Who are you?

Battlefield V Screenshot 2020.01.09 - 19.15.02.12.png

Note the bullet and also keep in mind the time to just make printscreens.... (Alt F1 method) 

Guess it's a zombie..

Battlefield V Screenshot 2020.01.09 - 19.15.12.53.png

Took some resupply and different corner- Note the reload

Battlefield V Screenshot 2020.01.09 - 19.15.16.10.png

1 shot done again.. Hello buddy? You are bullet proof?  .45 gun, no damage taken

Battlefield V Screenshot 2020.01.09 - 19.15.17.47.png

Nice shoes.. Let me build a wall for you..... We need to keep zombies away

Battlefield V Screenshot 2020.01.09 - 19.15.32.01.png

Dropped an incendiary grenade .. then he noticed me and killed me with 2 shots. 

I know who it was by getting killed. but as you can see nameless player . 

Message 105 of 326 (747 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm just getting so frustrated now. After playing 3 rounds tonight on BFV I had 2 cheaters EVERY round that I and most of the server could see, they were so blatant it was a crime. 

Guys with 150+ pings top of the scoreboard SERIOUSLY ? On the last round I played I gave up as the cheaters were simply taunting everyone.

It's getting harder and the gaps between my logging on to play are longer each time. Anything there was good about this game gets trashed either because of the cheaters OR whatever DICE decides to change :/ 

Message 106 of 326 (670 Views)

★★★★ Pro

G'day @Wolfhound223

While I understand your frustration, having a high ping doesn't mean anyone is cheating and those with a high ping also do have a disadvantage to having a delay in allowed reaction time.

For example, I'm from the Xbox Oceanic servers but due to low number of players after 8pm AWST, 9/10 have to leave and join American servers. Now there is no way I can play as infantry due to a 300+ ping but I can compensate the lag when in a dogfighter and usually go top of the board if not top 3 each and every round.

I'm reported all the time and get some of the most salt induced written messages/voicemail messages you can imagine. From "With that ping do you live in a mudhut" to "I hope your mother dies of stage 4 breast cancer".

I know it can be difficult to believe for some players but there are decent players in other servers around the world, that can compensate for lag in foreign servers. Had these players had the same low level ping you did, I imagine your reaction would be quite different.

However if you truly feel you've seen people actual cheat/hack, please use this link -> https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

Also be sure to check this thread by EA_Atic -> https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Megathread-BFV-and-Cheating-Discussion/m-p/8269567#M982

Try not to let yourself get worked up by other players, there's always another server, there's always another battle Standard smile

Message 107 of 326 (658 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Real_Noobalishus  "I can compensate the lag when in a dogfighter and usually go top of the board if not top 3 each and every round"

sure! every missile or bullet i shoot to you goes missing due to lag XD

there's no way for the other party to compensate tho: lagging is awful mate and it's ruining the game experience both sides we know but won't brag "top score" with 100+ ping Standard smile

Message 108 of 326 (897 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic - Get more moderators/ Admins. I made contact with DICE to put my name forward, but got a computer generated reply stating they could not answer all emails. It's hard enough being mid 50's playing BFV, let alone all the cheaters. In the old days an announcement was made in game that an Admin had logged on, you soon noticed all the fleas jumping ship very quickly! I put my hand up to be an honorary Admin - no remuneration asked for!

Message 109 of 326 (851 Views)

★★★ Novice

Report Hacker Name GoFofHoY must see in 20:00-23:59 minutes‎ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq9qggsiA7Y&t=1205s  If DICE or EA see this my comment please ban him Frown 

And do something with hacker on Asian sever is so horrible we dont fun to paly sorry for my bad english

Message 110 of 326 (778 Views)