Re: Mastery Assignment too hard/impossible (the last one)

by N4v1s

Original Post

Mastery Assignment too hard/impossible (the last one)

★ Guide

I think the last "Mastery assignments" are too hard. As an an example:

For STG44:

• In 1 life, kill 10 enemies WHILE ATTACKING objectives.
  • In 1 round, kill 20 enemies WHILE ATTACKING objectives.

I mean, its hard enough to kill 10 people without dying. But it's harder While attacking objectives. If you kill an enemy while defending it doesn't count. If you kill an enemy outside the objectives, it doesn't count either. So sometimes you have to kill 15 enemies to get it, and all that without dying! 

I will give you another example:

For Lee-Enfield No4.:

• in 1 life, headshot kill 10 enemoes in objective areas
  • in 1 round, headshot kill 20 enemies in objective areas

Normal kill doesn't count! It has to be 10 headshot + in flag zone + 1 life
This is clearly not possible😪
Attackers never wait in the flag zone for a sniper to do a headshot kill. They slide, jump, run. And we're talking about 10 kills in 1 life!
Or 20 Kills in round. You need extremely good luck for this to work. I've been trying for 3 weeks and don't get it. I'm missing the last piece.

Is there any hope that dice will overthink / revise the assignments??? 😥

Message 1 of 12 (5,752 Views)

★ Guide

I can't earn it, i can't buy it. But i want it 😥

Message 2 of 12 (5,741 Views)

Hero

No argument from me, the assignments are one of the things I find frustrating about BFV. I strongly believe the cumulative 'hidden' option, which was actually a bug, shouldn't have been removed. At least if that was still in the game people could grind it out. Nowadays I don't even attempt them, they were starting to spoil my enjoyment.

That said I'd take the headshot kill assignments on the bolt-action rifles over the matching assignments for SLRs and SARs - at least then you don't need to worry about having to score 2 - 3 hits to a head (might be less of an issue on PC of course).

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 3 of 12 (5,723 Views)

★★ Pro
@donthurtm3 I do agree, that some of the assignments are to hard and the community has been complaining about that since the release of the game 3 years ago. As they have not changed them since then and the development of the game has been ceased, I don´t think we will ever see a change.
However, the assignments you mentioned aren´t even the really hard once as @ElliotLH said already. The Bolt Action Assignments and especially the Assault Rifle Assignments are actually quiet doable, you just have to choose the right situation to do them. For the once you metioned, I´d go for one of the linear gamemodes like Breakthrough, Frontlines or Rush. In these you mostly concentrate on a single objective (maybe 2) and you have a lot of enemies sitting in the objective area. Especially, being on the attacking side in Breakthrough, makes the Assault Rifle one quiet easy, as you are constantly attacking objectives.
Message 4 of 12 (5,700 Views)

★ Guide
@N4v1s They have been complaining about this since the release and nothing has been changed? Then there is no hope and it just means that DICE doesn't care. I've been trying for 3 weeks and haven't received it yet. I mostly play this gamemode, breaktrough and frontlines. Getting 20 kills isn't the problem, the problem is - WHILE ATTACKING objectives and it has to happen in the zone(STG44).
It happens that I did 25 kills with the STG44, but didn't even get halfway through the assignments. So not even 10 kills that count. And I'm not alone on the server. Either the opponents are stronger or we are stronger and the round is over within 5 minutes. I hope you now know what I mean when I say it's impossible for me
Message 5 of 12 (5,651 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@donthurtm3 Probably won't help you, as I assume you've tried this many times already, but I completed this STG44 one by grinding Devastation as an attacker on Breakthrough. Metro is good too from memory, especially if you can find a Community Game with increased tickets. Then again I don't bother with any of the weapon assignments any more, they were stopping me from enjoying the actual game, so I do feel for you.

Unfortunately @N4v1s is correct that there aren't going to be any changes at this point.

Message 6 of 12 (5,641 Views)

★ Guide
@ElliotLH Thanks for the advice. The way you write it sounds doable, I'll try. I hope it works this time. But I'll start Battlefield with hope as always, tell myself I can do it, and then fail miserably :D
You're right, that assignment things prevents me from enjoying the game. That, and the cheaters that are on every server. I hope there will be rentable dedicated servers in 2042, so the admin can ban these cheaters directly. Thank you Standard smile
Message 7 of 12 (5,633 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@donthurtm3 You're welcome but I have to be honest that it still took me a lot of attempts. I really do hope you do manage it though dud.

Message 8 of 12 (5,628 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@ElliotLH

I haven't found any suitable community servers. So I made a community game myself I created a community game with High tickets(200%), fast respawns(50%) and damage 125%. Without planes and Tanks. Nice maps like arras devastation & marita and for noobs only. it means K/D higher as 4 = kick. But no one has joined yet. I'll just wait Frown

Message 9 of 12 (5,619 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This may be a bit late since the game is pretty much dead, but do you still seek to unlock the mastery VI? it's the one i'm stuck on atm and i couldn't agree more but single shot weapons during the killstreak 10 headshots or the 20 in 1 round the closest i got was 9/10 but there is ALWAYS a * or douchebag who gotta ruin your streak + incompetebt team who never revives you so the counter keeps being reset and like you stated you almost never have the time for the 20 one due to rushing teams or suddenly lossing all flags and still losing in the end this game is in 1 word "Perfectly Ballanced* - With a touch of sarcasm haha

Anyways sorry for blabbing so much but uhh.. do you still seek help or did you quit BFV?

Dear regards,

'DragonAlphaX'

Message 10 of 12 (4,511 Views)