Massive FPS lose since servers crashed last weekend

by SCarey3k

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Massive FPS lose since servers crashed last weekend

★★★ Novice

I’ve been playing fine since the game came out and then last weekend when the servers went down I’ve had massive FPS drops from my usual 130ish and now I’m on roughly 105-110 FPS but then I can drop down all the way to 50-60 FPS for a few seconds but then back up to 105 FPS but I used to be on 130fps before last week. Any help would be great it’s driving me mad 😡 not knowing what’s going on as far as I can see every other game seems to be fine cod runs at its usual FPS and on 3D mark I’m still getting the same score from 6 months ago so I’m thinking it’s got sumthing to do with BFV

my system is 

i7 9700k oc to 5ghz 

strix rtx 2070 

32gb ram 3000mhz 

750w psu 

win 10 

Message 1 of 9 (756 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Massive FPS lose since servers crashed last weekend

★★★ Novice

I think I’ve sorted out what the issue was . I had a look at my memory and it was only running at 2933 MHz so I went into bios and set my Xmp profile in bios and it has changed my memory back to 3000 MHz and seems to be running fine again 👉🪵 back up to seeing a steady 120-130 FPS so I don’t know how it’s changed but I’m not bothered 

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (581 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@SCarey3k To confirm have you been able to check for updates to your device and GPU?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 9 (718 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes everything is up to date I’ve even repaired the game and it didn’t make a difference the only think I can think of next is to uninstall the entire game including all the files for it on my hard drive and then reinstall it and hope that helps 

Message 3 of 9 (690 Views)

Hero

Tried playing during a proper clean boot?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-...

Tried a proper clean driver uninstall using DDU followed by an install of the latest graphics driver from amd.com or nvidia.com?

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

carbonic signature

Message 4 of 9 (671 Views)

★★★ Novice

Clean boot just prevents programs running at startup by the looks of it and I only have programs running that i need to run bfv like nvidia and origin so it’s not that but like I said it’s only since the servers were down last week I’ve tried reinstalling nvidia so that’s not the issue I think I even went back a driver aswell just to be on the safe side 

Message 5 of 9 (647 Views)

★ Novice

I am like you, just after servers down I'm with low FPS problems. Before the servers down i was running the game with 80 FPS in Ultra but now I can't even play. I tried to play Battlefield 1 and it's working fine as always but not in Battlefield V. Looking at my GPU is using the 70% and that happens only at Battlefield V. I reinstalled NVIDIA drivers, AMD Drivers, Battlefield V and now i'm thinking about reinstall windows 10 but it's not a posible option for me right now. If you fix it please lemme know the answer... Good luck!

Message 6 of 9 (643 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm seeing a lot of very high ping players on the server which crashes the game for me. I ping around 40ish but seeing players as high as400/600 and as soon as they join game stutters. Why are they allowed to join with such high pings?

Message 7 of 9 (620 Views)

★★★ Novice

I think I’ve sorted out what the issue was . I had a look at my memory and it was only running at 2933 MHz so I went into bios and set my Xmp profile in bios and it has changed my memory back to 3000 MHz and seems to be running fine again 👉🪵 back up to seeing a steady 120-130 FPS so I don’t know how it’s changed but I’m not bothered 

Message 8 of 9 (582 Views)

Hero

@SCarey3k wrote:

And that's why I pretty much ignored that you thought it was the servers going down that caused it and tried solutions on your end Tongue out

carbonic signature

Message 9 of 9 (564 Views)