Re: Lack of Firestorm Servers Australia BFV

by Russian_Brigade

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Lack of Firestorm Servers Australia BFV

★★ Apprentice

When is this problem going to be fixed....

I searched for 2 Hours and got into 2 games in the Asia region at 180 ping.

I would like a response from EA on what is been done for Firestorm in Battlefield V

Can't seen to get onto Oceania servers until around 7PM at night, simply not good enough

Frown

Message 1 of 20 (6,306 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

Yeah,

The answers the EA Atic guy gives are totally useless.

He's just rehasing old information and doesn't actually have anything new.

The Oceania servers are not there.

And can't even get onto Singapore servers anymore it seems (currently been in queue for about 25 minutes).

View in thread

Message 4 of 20 (6,173 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team
We have an update about server for Firestorm in Australia. @FuzZi_Wuzzi_BEaR 

Hello Battlefield V: Firestorm players!

As you know, we released Battlefield V: Firestorm on Monday, March 25th, 2019. Since then we’ve been listening to feedback from our players around the globe.
One of the key points we’ve focused on is the matchmaking in specific regions – particularly Brazil, Australia/Oceania, and South Africa.

Matchmaking in Battlefield V: Firestorm requires a certain amount of players to be connecting at the same time to initiate a server. Unfortunately, in some regions with lower player populations, this increases matchmaking time or forces players to connect to pingsites that are more populated.

We are continuing to look at options to improve this situation without having players connect to empty servers, and we’re always listening to your feedback. We’ll keep you posted on any updates or changes as we identify and roll out more solutions.

Thanks and we’ll see you on the battlefield!

The Teams at EA/DICE

/Atic
Message 2 of 20 (6,219 Views)

★★ Apprentice

And yet whenever I searched for a Squad I would instantly find 3 players to join me.  There wasn't a lack of players in Australia, I had at least 6 friends trying to connect to the game also.
There isn't a lack of people in Australia who want to play firestorm, please set up 24/7 servers in Australia for us... or at least 1 !

Message 3 of 20 (6,208 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah,

The answers the EA Atic guy gives are totally useless.

He's just rehasing old information and doesn't actually have anything new.

The Oceania servers are not there.

And can't even get onto Singapore servers anymore it seems (currently been in queue for about 25 minutes).

Message 4 of 20 (6,174 Views)

★★ Apprentice
exactly my thoughts, its only from about 8PM AEST Qld time that I can get into a server and play with 120 ping in less than 10 mins.
So it does work after like 7PM. but simply not good enough only been able to play at some hours of the night.
Message 5 of 20 (6,166 Views)

★★ Novice

25 minutes and counting, plenty of different people joining and leaving my squad..no game...

Friend jumps on, hes in a game in under 5 minutes...

!!!devastated!!!

As I type this, I've been waiting for another 15 minutes for another game...same process over and over...

Agree 100% the whole, " need enough people to start the server" reply , is deffiantly not the case...

And if it is the actual case, then why, when it does start a game, start it in dam Japan or America for Australian and NZ players..

It's been some time since this had been reported...why hasn't it been fixed??

Message 6 of 20 (6,147 Views)

★★ Novice

Yea the search system is a joke...my mate was in another squad and I started to search 5 or 10 minutes before him and then I had the typical "Match Making has Failed" and by the time i clicked to search again, he was loading in to the Firestorm match and I was left still trying to find a squad.

I have waited an hour for a game and then it puts me in a server with 318ms...its impossible to play so why bother adding me to the server. I am from New Zealand and I normally play with 29ms. I dont think it is lack of people, I think its the search system. I have been on when it has been peak time to see 15-16 servers full for conquest and yet still couldnt get a game of Firestorm.

Something needs to be fixed or even allow free-to-play for Firestorm to get more players in. You have already started adding micro transactions in to help get extra money in the bank...

Message 7 of 20 (6,139 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Yeah adding those coins in to rake more money was more of a priority than looking after the gamers who keep EA in business. Fix the servers please!
Message 8 of 20 (6,132 Views)

★★ Novice

Is this seriously your response as the Community Manager? so personable...you are really trying to build trust with your community.

Where is your passion and drive to help the community you respresent?

We are obviously are having issues with a mode that was promised and sold to us. We have been left in the dark and just feed responses drafted by the EA legal team. 

If its a player issue, why are you not trying to getting the community together? or organising events and times to enable us to play.

Such a poor response, so dissapointing.

Message 9 of 20 (6,127 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Worst of all; the issue is marked as RESOLVED. ffs

Message 10 of 20 (6,098 Views)