Are you using any software with an overlay? Yes
If yes, can you list them here? Origin, Shadowplay
If you disable this software, does that have any effect? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Conquest
Please select your region Europe
On which server did this happen? Europe, Squad conquest
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 23:00 CEST 02.10.2019
Summarize your bug See attached video. clicking on friend in friednslist clicking on server info (server 16/16) clicking on join server loading screen will appear will get thrown into squad in the main menu with some random guy who was not on the server (checked my friends to check on the server) I was able to click on join next to the friend which threw me into queue at 3rd place.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not happening all the time, so I am not sure about any prerequisites but I have experienced it in the past several month ago. ATM it was 100% occurance. But usually I can join over the server page.
What happens when the bug occurs? Not able to join the server
What should be happening instead? Join queue or server

See attached video

Message 1 of 3 (286 Views)

Re: Joining server through server info not possible

Champion (Retired)

I have also seen a few occasions where the button would not work directly and has to be pressed twice for it to work. If the server closes (which happens sometimes late at night) i can understand you losing the connection perhaps once in a while. But a reoccurring issue might have some other point of failure?

Are you on WiFi?

Have you tried the network troubleshooter?

Have you tried to update the network interface manually?

Have you reset the router and removed port forwarding and any specific network setting (QPi, PnP etc.)

Have you disabled the firewall and virusscanner?

Have you tried a cleanboot of Windows

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 2 of 3 (264 Views)

Re: Joining server through server info not possible

★ Apprentice

Hi,

I am not on WIFI. Since I was able to connect to the server eventually by choosing another way (friendlist join button) and because the server join button is today working as expected (though other server, other mode), I am sure there is no network related issue on my end but some really specific bug.

If it were a persisting issue I could test it. But as it is working as expected now I will have difficulties.

Message 3 of 3 (255 Views)