In-game Chat Filter Feedback.

by flyinghorse101

Original Post

Re: Cant type in chat

★★★ Expert
@HolyDonkey Yep it is a merged one now I see. Link was from another topic to this one.
Message 41 of 498 (1,689 Views)

★ Apprentice

Does anyone from EA even check these forums? Seems like they never answer the questions asked or respond to post about issues.

Message 42 of 498 (1,659 Views)

★★★ Expert

For me the issue is solved as the word is no longer blocked, but As we got more comments and feedback I leave the topic open. (Said closure on Monday, but although developments end in June, it might be interesting feedback for a new BF game)

Message 43 of 498 (1,650 Views)

EA DICE Team
@flyinghorse101 I keep an eye on topic for any word or issues with the filter its being sent on to the dev team.

/Atic
Message 44 of 498 (1,695 Views)

Can't see my chat text

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number 1060 6gb
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16gb ddr3@2400mhz
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Conquest
Please select your region Europe
On which server did this happen? Dice official
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Started happening since last game update
Summarize your bug I or anyone else can't see my chat text. I press my keybinding to start typing, i type in a message, and nothing happens, no1 can see (or even I) what i wrote ... and yes i can see the text chat obviously
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Idk
What happens when the bug occurs? I or anyone else can't see my chat text. I press my keybinding to start typing, i type in a message, and nothing happens, no1 can see (or even I) what i wrote ... and yes i can see the text chat obviously
What should be happening instead? i should see what i write in the text chat

I or anyone else can't see my chat text. I press my keybinding to start typing, i type in a message, and nothing happens, no1 can see (or even I) what i wrote ... and yes i can see the text chat obviously

Message 45 of 498 (1,728 Views)

★★★ Expert
@EA_Atic Many thanks!
Message 46 of 498 (1,663 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'd love to know just "how" the filtering is happening. Do they use a banned word list, is there any machine learning going on? Is it a combination of both?

I have a feeling there is no ML, as it would be context-aware, and this clearly is not.

Time to build a better chat feature, not just add junk to the old one.

ML is the key!

Message 47 of 498 (1,625 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Please remove:

"klan" - all western languages word for a "clan"

"ze" - in Polish means ... well hard to translate it, something like "that", but used like "I just said *that* I care"

"salami" - lol?

Message 48 of 498 (1,605 Views)

★★★ Expert
@HolyDonkey Salami , mjam mjam , How have you thought about that :-)
Message 49 of 498 (1,596 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@flyinghorse101 haha someone asked about donkey meat :D original salami is from donkey meat (my nickname is Holy Donkey)

Message 50 of 498 (1,782 Views)