In-game Chat Filter Feedback.

by flyinghorse101

Original Post

Re: [feedback] More words that should not being filtered (part 3)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@UP_Hawxxeye Welcome to AHQ, we got a dedicate a thread on the topic. I have merged your topic with that topic.

Feedback is welcome but not all words will be removed from the list. We are looking to have a safe & healthy community.

/Atic

Message 271 of 498 (828 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Atic Can you answer why some of us cant chat ingame? im trying to write something, but nothing appears. Tried ALL/TEAM/SQUAD, but nothing.
Message 272 of 498 (805 Views)

Hero
@Augvind That's a problem that happens if the filter doesn't like something in your name.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 273 of 498 (793 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ElliotLH How is Sprocketfix something they need to filter? ive been using it all the time. I just was on a big break from BFV, and this happens. And then i Changed my nick just to try and it didnt work.
Message 274 of 498 (769 Views)

Hero
@Augvind From what I gather the filter does some very strange things and has issues with innocent words seemingly (for example both CPU and GPU are filtered). If it's still not working after a name change, and there's no similar issue with the new name, then something else will potentially the cause and I'd have been mistaken.

Message 275 of 498 (755 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ElliotLH I did a namechange again, and it works now. But what in the world makes them filter Sprocketfix? its nothing wrong with that nick...

This makes me want to not buy the next Battlefield game. Its crazy
Message 276 of 498 (733 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@AugvindWell I'm glad that sorted it so you can actually chat. I've got honestly no idea why 'Sprocketfix' would be an issue as there's obviously nothing offensive about it. Let's just hope BF6 has an improved system as it must be frustrating.

@UP_Hawxxeyemight be worth adding 'sprocket' and 'fix' to your list?

Message 277 of 498 (732 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@EA_AticYes I can understand that maybe not all the words are totally nice words.
It is up to the stuff to decide which words to allow, but I do hope that there is at least the consideration that this is a 17+ mature game and not an elementary school classroom Wink.

A lot of these words sound a lot more profane when replaced by stars and often normal communication is also impeded

Since the word "cancer" is sadly already allowed in spite of its main use as a way to wish players a painful death IRL then most of the words I listed are a lot more innocent. At least in my humble opinion.

That is what I wanted to say :D I will stick to just reporting words again like in the old topic from now on

@ElliotLHI added the word you suggested I should already, thanks for the heads up

Message 278 of 498 (679 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Atic

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-V/In-game-Chat-Filter-Feedback/m-p/9916155/highlight/true#M684...

3 months have passed since my first post in this topic. No support received...AngryAngry

Message 279 of 498 (593 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

chat filter is like Aplha version from github. Blocking allmost every word. Does not matter if is bad or good. Some country names blocked too, cities, feels, animal names etc... This is like communist filter. Why not blocking only bad language?

Message 280 of 498 (558 Views)