In-game Chat Filter Feedback.

by flyinghorse101

Original Post

Re: My name is included in banned words list?

★★ Novice

Well it allows the name Hugh but not Hugh-B. Eitherway having to change my name that was already my Origin name existing should not be a solution. I am asking for Hugh-Bahnert to be able to be used as my username. No reason it shouldn't be allowed.

Message 10 of 498 (4,330 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Hug-Bahnert wrote:

Well it allows the name Hugh but not Hugh-B. Eitherway having to change my name that was already my Origin name existing should not be a solution. I am asking for Hugh-Bahnert to be able to be used as my username. No reason it shouldn't be allowed.

@Hug-Bahnert  I think the issue is the hypen in your name. Origin doesn't like non-letter characters to be present so it may also be the chat filter doesn't like it either.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 11 of 498 (4,320 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Sorry this is wrong as I still have a dash in my new username, just made it Hug-B now. Note that the name Hugh is not banned, just when it is combined with -B. On a side note, no words should be censored. You should be allowed to type whatever you want in chat. Obviously anything that violates certain terms can be reported. Like my in game character can say "I'm F*ing dying here!" But I can't type the same thing let alone my own name!

Message 12 of 498 (4,314 Views)

EA DICE Team

Yeah, it's not a perfect system but we are working out some of the issues with the filter stopping some names to be able to type in-game as it's not an intended to happen.  @Hug-Bahnert  @ragnarok013  

/Atic 

Message 13 of 498 (4,301 Views)

Re: Freedom of speech in chat. A war game which blocks the word SNIPER.

[ Edited ]

I mainly play BFV on console so I've never come across this, nor did I know it was ever a thing. The only (admittedly weak) theory I have is it's blocked to reduce all the complaining about snipers in general or maybe the "nip" part is getting censored - the way it is now, it makes your words looks way worse than they really are. 

Seems out of place to me; might as well post a bug report just to be safe; hopefully it can be fixed in time for the June Patch

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 15 of 498 (11,385 Views)

★★★ Expert
@TTZ_Dipsy Thanks, I was thinking it might be automatically blocked perhaps by a smart self learning system. Like *** Sniper. *** Sniper, and it blocks it as other words have been placed upfront.
But still something to consider:

"PEGI Rating:
Suitable for 16 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 16. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 16 years of age or over"
If you use such censor just remove the chat or lower rating to 8 years and turn blood off.
Message 16 of 498 (11,369 Views)

Cant type in chat

★ Apprentice

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number AMD RX 5700
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16gb
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Breakthrough
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen? all
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 05.19.20 11:00
Summarize your bug cannot text in the chat menu in game have remove in game overlay no help deleted and redid my profsave files no help
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? no sure
What happens when the bug occurs? cant type in chat
What should be happening instead? being able to type in chat

Dont understand why all of a sudden i can no longer communicate in the in game chat menu. Just started today.

Message 17 of 498 (11,278 Views)

★★★ Guide
@flyinghorse101 To be honest with you, I was surprised that many players frequently use chat and consider it a key part of the game.
I rarely use chat and when it's only used to inspire my team if the game is exciting
Message 18 of 498 (11,351 Views)

★★★ Expert
@ItsLwrence Yes using it a long time. Sometimes having fun , supporting squad. And communication like, Sniper do not revive. But also requesting Arty or V1 fire on a place to SQL. And don't forget, answering questions from newbie's.
I prefer audio in squads but there is lots of time a language barrier or people flipping as for almost 2 years now the BFV audience doesn't like voice chat.
Message 19 of 498 (11,342 Views)

EA DICE Team
@flyinghorse101 Thanks for the topic and the feedback has been sent on. Keep the conversation going. Standard smile

/Atic
Message 20 of 498 (11,314 Views)