Re: High Ping in Firestorm (Australia)

by HaRmS_87

Original Post

★★★ Novice

What is the point of putting us in different regions if it’s unplayable. So far I’ve had 2 games in my region and it played well, but without duos as an option me and my mate got destroyed by full squads. I’ve tried to play solo and every game is 200+ ping as soon as I see the high ping now I quit and play something else. I rallied up a full squad to play last night and after couple games of high ping we all decided to go back to PUBG. I suggest you remove other regions as an option because no one will play the game in its current state which will only exacerbate the issue.

Message 11 of 49 (1,711 Views)

★★ Novice

I complete agree, if it really means waiting a bit longer to get a ping under 200, I'm in. Thanks for the update in any case. Looking forward to being able to play at a reasonable ping. 

Message 12 of 49 (1,700 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also having the same issue.. thought it was just me until i came here. 
firestorm is virtually unplayable because of this.

Message 13 of 49 (1,677 Views)

★★ Novice

Yep same here, firestorm is unplayable in Australia due to this. please fix this quickly

Message 14 of 49 (1,675 Views)

★ Novice
Same problem, my ping is always over 200, my shots hit but don’t register. EA listen to us, your destroying the experience of all the oceanic players just wanting to enjoy this mode.
Message 15 of 49 (1,609 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Hi, my mates and I have been looking forward to this for a long time and we are getting the same issue,  

I am a long time battlefield supporter, to say I've been excited about a battlefield battle royale for a long time would be an understatement.
My issue is this, I play on Xbox and am from Australia, the first couple of days of firestorm were great but now I am getting 180/200+ ping servers most games (obviously out of my region) this makes the game unplayable as the hit reg and Desync is beyond frustrating (I have clips if you want to see),
What are you going to do to fill the player base as I feel they will give up on this very quickly despite the fact you've created the best BR experience? My suggestion would be to give firestorm away for free and go for micro transactions for revenue like fortnite and apex do, all existing players might get the first season for free as a thank you for buying the game,
I will not give up on battlefield but I can't play firestorm with 200+ ping

Message 16 of 49 (1,502 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Yea...coming from New Zealand, I was use to 29ms on normal BFV modes but cant get anywhere near that now. Best I can get is either 165ms or 455ms on Firestorm...

Message 17 of 49 (1,501 Views)

★★ Novice

Lobbies could kick off / games could start with less players (and the starting safe zone size adjusts itself accordingly) if the match doesn't completely fill in a minute or so.

Message 18 of 49 (1,449 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here, on xbox. Tough to find games and once I find one it's 150 ping +. It's a great shame because the gameplay is so much fun, but this high ping makes it virtually unplayable. Can't wait for them to fix it so I can get stuck in. 

Message 19 of 49 (1,382 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Thats interesting since PUBG is basically in the exact same situation, no-one in OCE is getting Aus servers on PUBG, it's permanently thrown us under the bus in the Asia matchmaking pool. Two great games and now we can't play either without facing a massive disadvantage on upwards of 200 ping Frown why is it OCE that always gets screwed over
Message 20 of 49 (1,364 Views)