Having a blast with 5.2.2 patch!

by GUTENTAAAAG

Original Post

Having a blast with 5.2.2 patch!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I have to say I was VERY skeptical regarding the TTK change but now I see DICE made the right move.

It's a range nerf for most guns and here is why it is good:

With the old system fast TTK at range encouraged a toxic meta which was: keep distance and shoot your enemy before he sees you. This was the dominant strategy to play....

I can see why this frustrated so many players, including myself. When you have no chance to react, death feels unfair and annoying AF. This no longer works... so now you either stick to long-range bolt-action rifles if you want to engage from distance or get closer to your enemies where TTK is not any slower!

Overall this balancing I think is brilliant, most of my frustration while playing the game has gone (it was an emotional roller-coster before). I'm pretty sure this is not the final version and more balancing will come but overall I think DICE achieved what they wanted. Less players frustration and more fun.

Should they have released this 1 year earlier? Yes, but better have it later than never...

Message 1 of 13 (1,069 Views)

Re: Having a blast with 5.2 patch!

★★★ Guide

One more thing comes to mind:

With the reworked weapon damage models it would be nice to have a description (graph?) for each gun in the game so people would have an idea how the guns in the new system perform.

Message 2 of 13 (1,067 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@GUTENTAAAAG the medic guns tho they needed buff not nerf
Message 3 of 13 (1,033 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@gionis32 I'd have to respectfully disagree with you. As someone who consistently runs Medic and uses the Thompson, being able to headshot people from over 50+ meters away was a bit excessive. The sten was rediculously accurate over range and as @GUTENTAAAAG said, being shot from distance without having time to react was a high annoyance.

Personally I think the balance is good as it's now forcing more people to push objectives rather than camp in the back with MMGs. This update has now forced people to be far more accurate instead of a simple simple spray n pray style of gameplay Standard smile
Message 4 of 13 (1,019 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ea is working on the 5.2 update and those are the new changes for the 5.2 update: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Community-Broadcast-Improving-Update-5-2/m-p/8532090#M1...

5.2 is still not finished and I think we are all excited to play the final 5.2 version. With all bugs fixed and the final weapon damage 

Message 5 of 13 (959 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Here is an update on the 5.2.2 from me: I never had so much fun with this game!!!!

Finally it's not so brutal as it used to be when I'm being shot at, especially from distance I can react and take cover.

My TTK isn't much worse: with the calmer attitude I can aim for the head and have excellent results.

In case someone wondering if it became easier for the noobs: NO, you sill have to develop the reaction time needed to take cover and the skill to aim for the head.

My K/D has never been so high!

The game for sure became better for everyone!

On weapon balance I can't comment as I don't know every single gun in the new patch as before. They feel good in general.
I tend to stick to my favorites: ag/42, jungle carbine, ZK, BAR, Krag.

My ears finally got used to the new sound mix aswell, now the game doesn't feel so strange.

Still looking forward for the weapon damage model graphs in the game menu.

Happy Holidays, Cheers!

Message 6 of 13 (905 Views)

Re: Having a blast with 5.2.2 patch!

★ Guide

Hate it. Same reason i dropped out if bf 1.

Players not pushing objectives is rubbish. Players have generally never acted with unity outside one or two squads in any bf game. 

Regarding distance, all of the bf games had people hitting distance play, or did you forget smaw sniping in bad company and bf4?

The issue with the new ttk is that the damage models have flat lined meaning distance suddenly becomes about weapon choice ratherthan versatility. Now weapons are an all or nothing affair vs before when weapons had secondary uses. An mg 42 had terrible recoil and so bipod was require down but you were fixed meaning snipers could kill you., or be out flanked. The advantage was the ability to suppress at range.  This happened in ALL previous bf games. Remember the mg4 in bf4? Or any number of weapons in BF3 and bad company. How about the vickerd gun with telescopic sites in bf1? 

The new patch has removed versatility and focused purely on guns as a way of controlling how you play. Previously if you ran with an mg42 your ability of play was limited to defensive play or suppression...you know like how it was used in real life...now its pointless beyond 30 meters and because you have to bipod thats really dangerous.

I can go through all the other qeapons but honestly  they have literally turned gun play into COD which it neverused to be.  Previously you had to learn each weapon as they all had advantages and disadvantages. now simply put the sweet spot kill for snipers in bf1 hasbeen uniformly applied to all weapons in bf 5 but not for single shot kills, but just for simple effectiveness. This means if you arent in the sweet spot your weapon is a burden rather than a tool. This means you actually limit how you play based on what weapon you have rather than mixing up your play style based on need. It stupid.

Message 7 of 13 (869 Views)

★ Apprentice
@GUTENTAAAAG That's good to hear.
Message 8 of 13 (867 Views)

★★★ Guide

@aztec1289it really depends on the server how much people are pushing objectives and how strong the defending team is. Sometimes it's just a steamroll, I can't say it always easier for the defenders.

The patched changed 2 things: limitless revives which is indeed a benefit for the defenders but also less range on guns which needs pushing.... and I would say that the second factor is even more important.

I play very differently with an SMG or LMG. With the SMG you have to jumo corners and choose a path between flags with lots of corners and cover. With an LMG you do want to take advantage of the distance and look for more open spaces.

I think the game is excellent, especially if you put in the hours and can "own" the enemy team with moderate effort...

Message 9 of 13 (815 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

First your comments are completely pointless.

Limitless revives existed before IF you werent melee killed AND also if you interacted or damaged an enemy before you were killed again. Nothing to do with 5.2.2.

Thank youfor highlighting my point. Of course you play differently with different guns. But now you actually play less differently. In factwith smgs you pretty much just choose the highest rof and go close. Thats it. Before 5.2.2 you didnt have to do that. Of.course you dont now.either, it just penalizes the hell out of you if you do something differently.

And for every game where you "dominate" there are x number of people whom dont. Ie to.go 30-1 means 30 other people didnt dominate. It literally impossible to have it where everyone dominates.

And by the way i can dominate easily in this game and regularly used to, but it became a grind rather than fun. The new mechanics and meta have moved away from what bf was. Its become boring unless you are playing some map that works with the new btk structure, and that means devastation and thats about it.

And regarding time in, the new btk structure actually penalises time in. And before you go down that path i had close to 750 hours in this game and over 5000 in other bf games.

Message 10 of 13 (788 Views)