Hacked account retrieved - banned for online gaming

by ColonelWolf1990

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Hacked account retrieved - banned for online gaming

★ Novice

Hi guys,

I just bought a new PC after selling my old one, 6 months ago.

Trying to install Battlefield 5, I quickly realised that I wasn’t able to login. I contacted the support team, and an advisor told me that my account was hacked and we retrieved the account together and all was great again.

After downloading Battlefield 5 I discovered that my account was banned from online gaming and immediately contacted support again. They looked into the case and found that it was correct and they will not reopen my account!?

I asked them to dig deeper, trace the IP or something as these actions wasn’t carried by me.

They again denied... How on earth is that fair!? My games are locked and even though EA knows my account was hacked, they will not change anything?

This must have happened before?

Regards,

Kasper

Message 1 of 3 (479 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Hacked account retrieved - banned for online gaming

Hero
@ColonelWolf1990 Unfortunately the terms of the EA Terms of Service do stipulate that "You are responsible for the activity on your EA Account. Your EA Account may be suspended or terminated if someone else uses it to engage in activity that violates this Agreement". If your account was banned as it was compromised then there isn't very much you can do other than continue speaking with EA customers services.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (445 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@ColonelWolf1990 Unfortunately the terms of the EA Terms of Service do stipulate that "You are responsible for the activity on your EA Account. Your EA Account may be suspended or terminated if someone else uses it to engage in activity that violates this Agreement". If your account was banned as it was compromised then there isn't very much you can do other than continue speaking with EA customers services.

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator
Message 2 of 3 (446 Views)

@ColonelWolf1990 unfortunately ElliotLH is correct and there is nothing that we can do here on a public forum about bans. You'll have to continue to deal with EA Customer Support.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 3 of 3 (432 Views)