Re: GPU at like 10% and CPU at 80%-100%

by iluminatethesky

Original Post

Accepted Solution

GPU at like 10% and CPU at 80%-100%

★★★ Newbie

Got an i5 7600k and GTX 1060 6GB. I assume its the CPU bottlenecking, cause the GPU seem to be idle and like 35c when playing BF5. Time for upgrade or can I do some tweaks?

Message 1 of 2 (302 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

Hey @XystoZ

Thanks for the Screenshot.

Here are some steps you can possibly try:

1. Turn off the Origin in-game Overlay in the Origin Launcher, in the Origin Settings, and in the Game Settings from the Battlefield V Cover in your Library.

2. Clean Boot(to make sure there aren't any background apps causing issues/interference): https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

3. Make sure your Frame Rate Limiter settings are set at 60FPS, instead of "Unlimited". You can find this in your Graphics/Video Settings in game. You can also try toggling "Future Frame Rate" On/Off.

Let us know if this helps at all.

Thanks Standard smile

- iluminate

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (286 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hey @XystoZ

Thanks for the Screenshot.

Here are some steps you can possibly try:

1. Turn off the Origin in-game Overlay in the Origin Launcher, in the Origin Settings, and in the Game Settings from the Battlefield V Cover in your Library.

2. Clean Boot(to make sure there aren't any background apps causing issues/interference): https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

3. Make sure your Frame Rate Limiter settings are set at 60FPS, instead of "Unlimited". You can find this in your Graphics/Video Settings in game. You can also try toggling "Future Frame Rate" On/Off.

Let us know if this helps at all.

Thanks Standard smile

- iluminate