Re: Footsteps broken AGAIN (Jan 29 patch)

by Adman_Tor

Original Post

★★ Pro

Still having MAJOR issues with silent enemies with NO footsteps... Even after being killed they will run by completely silent.

Message 11 of 23 (911 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Yep its so frustrating Frown

I played some BF1 last night and the footsteps are perfecrt in that game dont get why dice dont just copy the settings for footsteps from that to BFV job done ?

Message 12 of 23 (892 Views)

★★ Pro

@IIIZiPIII- I once asked that very question and the reply was "We always start with a completely new game and never carry anything forward." THAT is why we never get completed games and many with the features of the previous game removed....

Honestly - BFV is the most buggy/broken title in the franchise (including BF4). And the May 23 update seemed to introduce more bugs than fixes IMO.

Message 13 of 23 (881 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Yeah so true broken .It makes sense to just copy over all the great things that player wanted in one game to other why wast so much time and money build all that into one game later when its already done ,Dice should just move it over ,Oh well ea is footing the bill and there the ones losing money from time wasted ,Makes sense to add all the thing Day one not a year later .Would save money in the long run as well .And also give us all a better game day one ,

Yes may 23 patch as made the game lag and stutter and fps drops .

Message 14 of 23 (853 Views)

★★ Pro

@EA_BlueberryAny updates on the missing Footstep Audio? it is MAJORLY game breaking and sucks when somebody runs up on you silently and knifes you in the back

Message 15 of 23 (805 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The whole audio of the game is poor, not enough war sounds like in other bf games, as others state is there a reason why you can't use some sounds from bf1 maybe to fill out the audio

Message 16 of 23 (789 Views)

★★ Pro

@OopsBeardedDrunkOoI heard some streamers talking about how the new maps have more ambient war sounds so that should address your comment on future maps. Unfortunately that won't do anything to address the silent footsteps that have been plaguing the game since launch...

Message 17 of 23 (779 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Footsteps are atrocious in this game, this seems like such an easy fix to me I would rather them spend time fixing footsteps then doing Easter eggs, if you want to spend extra time either getting rid of footsteps all together or fixing them.

Message 18 of 23 (733 Views)

★★★ Expert

Could it be broken with 6.0? 

If I see all the subjects in this older topic? Every patch footsteps issue comes back. 

Message 19 of 23 (715 Views)

This issue has been fixed and rebroken so many times I can never trust footsteps again. I have no choice but to start blind firing behind me when I hear a swuadmate spawning in

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 20 of 23 (688 Views)