Re: Firestorm Unplayable due to to High latency

by Kwiky_Koala

Original Post

Firestorm Unplayable due to to High latency

★★ Novice

Myself and 3 other friends, scattered among the north island of New Zealand, are unable to join a firestorm server with out having a very high latency. (Ranging from 180 - 400)

Even at peak online traffic we are still placed into these useless and frustrating severs where we aren’t even able to manage 1 kill. 

We will empty an entire clip into an enemy’s head without receiving any hit markers. And by the time we reload to try again the enemy’s become aware of our location and kill us almost instantly.

We all have this issue on solo and squad games.

Although our intentions of purchasing BF5 was primarily to play Forestorm, we manage to play multiplayer with no Latency issues as we are able to select a New Zealand server from the advanced search menu. 

Unsure why this is an issue as there are more than enough players in New Zealand and Australia to fill a server of 64. 

Massive let down down to be honest, Considering we have spent all of our savings to play this game mode. 

Message 1 of 12 (2,591 Views)

Hello @joshuatree_d I know that is frustrating... There are some problems with matchmaking in Firestorm. I hope that those issues will be fixed soon in upcoming patches. Standard smile

- Did you find my post useful? -> Please grant + XP
- Did my post solve your issue/answer your question.? -> Please accept as solution
- DICE FRIEND - WindowsManTv_CZE || Twitter: WindowManTv
_______________________ EA AHQ_______________________

- Is my answer helpful.? -> Please grant + XP
- If my post solved your problem or answered your question. -> Please Accept as Solution.
- BF1 & BFV DICE FRIEND - WindowsManTv_CZE || Twitter: WindowsManTv

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 2 of 12 (2,524 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem in Australia, Game is unplayable!!!

Message 3 of 12 (2,515 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @Kwiky_Koala  @joshuatree_d  @WindowsManTv_CZE

We have an update about server for Firestorm in Australia. 

Hello Battlefield V: Firestorm players!

As you know, we released Battlefield V: Firestorm on Monday, March 25th, 2019. Since then we’ve been listening to feedback from our players around the globe.
One of the key points we’ve focused on is the matchmaking in specific regions – particularly Brazil, Australia/Oceania, and South Africa.

Matchmaking in Battlefield V: Firestorm requires a certain amount of players to be connecting at the same time to initiate a server. Unfortunately, in some regions with lower player populations, this increases matchmaking time or forces players to connect to pingsites that are more populated.

We are continuing to look at options to improve this situation without having players connect to empty servers, and we’re always listening to your feedback. We’ll keep you posted on any updates or changes as we identify and roll out more solutions.

Thanks and we’ll see you on the battlefield!

The Teams at EA/DICE

(Source

/Atic

Message 4 of 12 (2,476 Views)

★★ Novice

Shouldn't there be enough players in Brazil, Australia/Oceania, and South Africa to play on a server dedicated to this specific region?

Message 5 of 12 (2,462 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Hello. The server exists when you perform advanced search in Conquest. I think that it is a matching problem in Firestorm.
Message 6 of 12 (2,441 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hopefully it is an issue with matchmaking and not a depleted player base in Oceania, but personally I think it is the latter tbh. The problem is, that the game was thrown out at full price and with EA marketing desperate to get Firestorm out so they can start cashing in on cosmetic sales PUBG style...  it feels as if they've dodged the other issues that plague the game (bugs, cheating etc) and just chucked it out. Trouble is that because they didn't look after the community or try and build it..(and haven't since BF4 tbh) players have dropped off quickly. Attention spans are short these days and with so many other free BR games around, Firestorm isn't going to really cut it.....before they even fix it they have already got their hands out again wanting people to shell out for "Elites". 

They won't, but to save this game and make it playable and an ongoing thing, Firestorm needs to be a offered as a free standalone, then sell the skins that paid players already have, this will push some people into buying the full game and look after the people that did buy the game. To paid players, all content should be available via unlock or shortcut pay, and to standalone pay model only.

How EA/Dice constantly misunderstand what is surely patently obvious is beyond me. 

PUBG, built it's audience on low cost beta, refined it over a long time before skimming off micro transactions.......Fix the game, build back the player base and then monetize ....in that order not monetize first.....taking away clan servers killed the community too. It's all very well saying you're "listening to the community" but it's all hype and same old EA tbh.

If the issue is Oceania, then do something about it quickly or the next BF will have even less interest.

Message 7 of 12 (2,427 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

IKinda bull***t tho.. 

this should have been picked up before release. 

Two countries and 1 whole contenient are unable to play firestorm. It’s bad enough not being able to play Domination, TDM and frontlines but for such a momentous and highly anticipated part of the game to be unplayable is ridiculous. 

We cant complete tides of war challenges either as many challenges are to do with firestorm which means we miss out on reward conten.

Very unhappy boi >:-( 

Message 8 of 12 (2,401 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How has the RSA update gone .....the lag is still pathetic I have a 50meg download and upload fibre optic line and still battling with firestorm love the game but starting to extremely dislike and becoming to understand I’ve just wasted moneys on this game .....🤬🤬🤬

Message 9 of 12 (2,282 Views)

★★ Novice

Absolutely pathetic!

Months later and still no word of an update..

waste of my time and money. EA clearly do not value their Oceanic players. 

I swear this hasn’t even been brought up as an issue.. it’s been swept under the carpet because their are so few of us actually taking the time to complain. 

F U E A

Message 10 of 12 (2,236 Views)