Re: FRAMERATE LOW BF V

by FalconFlanker79

Original Post

★★★ Novice

I've also noticed some issues with DX12. I'm running MSI MAG Tomahawk board with I7 9700k, 16gb  2133 ram and 970 video card, and just a couple days ago upgraded my monitor to a 144hz gsync monitor. Prior to upgrading my monitor I was running the game at 60z with DX12 fine for several weeks, but when I upgraded my monitor I updated my video driver. Perhaps this was a mistake, as I noticed after playing with DX12 enabled for a while my FPS would crash. Sometimes it would take 45min of game time before this would happen and other times I could play for almost 2hrs before running into problems. Once the problems start my CPU usage starts spiking like crazy and on the cpu graph it looks like someone about to have a heart attack on an ekg with constant huge spikes and dips. The spiking seeming to be triggered anytime I start moving around in game. As far as I can tell my CPU temps are fine usually hanging around 60C in game GPU at 80C MOS also around 60C. I tried restoring my system back to before I updated my video driver and the monitor upgrade but this didn't fix the problem. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling video drivers and using older versions of video drivers but still the issue persists. In fact the only thing that seems to keep the game playable for hours on end is using DX11 however I get almost 30FPS less on avg using DX11 which is why I'm now reinstalling the game after doing a hard reset of windows 10. I'm doing this in part because I know it is what I should have done when I upgraded my mobo and cpu over 3 weeks ago, but didn't because of the hassles involved and because for a while all seemed to be working fine but now I really want DX12 to work so I can get those 30 extra frames.

I'd also like to point out that I'm not overclocking anything, and have run occt and intel extreme tuning utility a number of times on my system to stress the cpu, memory and systemboard and have not run into issues running these stress tests. I've also run a couple of benchmarks which seem to indicate my system running better then avg for its hardware configuration.

Message 31 of 39 (824 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Why EA? WHY??? why do you constantly tell us to change drivers, get windows oct patch, do this , do that, change this, change that! Then we all tell you those "remedies " do nothing! NOTHING! who ever got this game to run smooth congratulations! 

Fix this game! 

Message 32 of 39 (797 Views)

★ Apprentice

I definitily lost hope they will ever fix it

Message 33 of 39 (790 Views)

★★★ Novice
I'd like to add I finished the hard reset of windows 10 and reinstalled the game and still the issue remains. Also tried a ton of other things like disabling all power save features in bios and different refresh rates but the problems persist. It seems based on my testing that DX12 works great until after a while it stops using some of the CPU cores that it had been when it was working good, but I'm really not sure that aside from confirming my temps are good and that there are not power delivery issues that there's anything else I can do to try to correct the issue.
Message 34 of 39 (765 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Oh dont you worry. They'll have another bandaid for you. Pathetic ain't it?

Message 35 of 39 (750 Views)

★★★ Novice
I too have the 9700k and have noticed CPU spikes and continued FPS warnings using a 2080ti,
DX11 works best for me DX12 is all over place which I need for RTX.
Hopefully a new patch is in the works with this addressed,
Message 36 of 39 (731 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've noticed when running dx12 that when the issue occurs active core count as recorded by IXTU goes from almost always staying pegged at 8 cores to suddenly dropping down to 6 then 4 going maybe as low as 2 then back to 6 again and then maybe back to 8 for a few seconds. Bottom line is active core count starts going all over the place and this seems to be what is causing the patternistic cpu spikes you see in game. It is not that the game is using 100% of the cpu it is that it is constantly losing and gaining cores causing the in game graph to give the impression that your cpu is being maxed out every couple of seconds. I've already tried disabling power limiting options and setting turbo boost from auto to enable which did seem to improve the game a bit, but this was more a result of the turbo boost feature on my msi board applying single core boost speeds to all my cpu cores resulting in a kind of unwanted OC that overrides the clock settings set in the bios. I ran with it like that for about 2 hrs in game not realizing the full extent of the changes, and when the issue returned I check hwmonitor and noticed the clock speed had changed. Temps had gotten higher but still short of 80c on everything exp for the video card which was pegged at 80c. hwmonitor also reported a max vcore hitting 1.39 at one point so I can say I'm not to thrilled with MSI at this point for not warning people about that turbo boost setting and for allowing auto vcore to push voltage that high. I can't imagine what would happen if their game boost setting was used as that supposedly clocks the cpu even higher. Anyway at this point I'm going to try setting the game cpu priory in task manager to high from avg, and if the issue still crops up I'll minimize the game and set it to use just 6 of the 8 cores to see if that stabilizes things. I think I'm also going to DL BF1 and check to see if DX12 is working ok there, unless someone can report here that is having this issue that it already does ok fine.

Message 37 of 39 (724 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
so bad
Message 38 of 39 (684 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thanks to the developer! Finally, my 2080 in 4K can in Ultra settings with DX12 and DXR turned on, thanks to DLSS, keep 60 frames/sec steadily.

Message 39 of 39 (654 Views)