Constant freezes/crashes on PC. Unplayable.

by hqnweimar

Original Post

Re: Constant freezes/crashes on PC. Unplayable.

★ Apprentice
Try disabling the Geforce Experience and see if you can play without any hang ups or crashes to desktop.

I did that last night and was able to play conquest for a few hours until the EA servers crashed, lol.

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4228/~/disabling-the-geforce-experience-share-in...
Message 21 of 34 (1,394 Views)

★★ Novice

@DooRules THANK YOU!!!! I reseated my ram and forced the XMP profile to 3200 (not auto) and it hasn't failed me yet, going on 2 hours. With out XMP on I can play all the Team Death Match I want, but as soon as I loaded Conquest, even 32 player Conquest, it would still crash. My ram is G.SKILL Ripjaws V 3200 mhz 2x8 gbs. 

Message 22 of 34 (1,380 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @Tig2r, are you experiencing that your hardware is getting 100% used or any overheating going on for you?

/Atic 

Message 23 of 34 (1,279 Views)

★ Novice

Hello @EA_Atic

I watched my video card monitor and apart from the vram used at maximum, everything seems fine.

One time I got a freeze and when I restarted my bios told me that my CPU overheated ...

Its a factory OC video card so I tried to downgrade the base clock to the default settings but the problem was still here.

I tried to format my computer and switch to an SSD (it was time even if it does not matter) to have a clean installation, but the problem was still here.

Finally I switch to directx 12 instead of directx 11 and I installed .net framework 3.5 (I forgot after the clean install), I downgrade the quality to low and I do not have any problems since (I played like 3 hours in row without crash)

However it seems that my processor is less used than before and heats less so maybe it was the problem I don't know.

I can send you a new dxdiag if you want.

Cordially,

Message 24 of 34 (1,269 Views)

EA DICE Team

Try getting a more powerful cooler for your CPU if overheating is the issue for you. Standard smile @Tig2r

Thanks for all the steps you done. Standard smile 

/Atic 

Message 25 of 34 (1,261 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm just joining the bandwagon on the freezing issue. It happens at random, started today (first few days BFV ran fine) Everything is up to date and I can't find any hardware related issues.

i7 8700k
Asus Z370 Prime
Kingston 2666Mhz DDR4 16GB
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
W10 Pro
EVGA GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0

Edit: Added a screenshot of task manager. I think it's safe to say what causes this at this point... Just like with BF1 the CPU is getting hogged. Right now I am playing on LOW with the "min:latency" setting.

Message 26 of 34 (1,203 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Same! I.made a new post to this freeze problem with people posting with similar issues.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Game-Keeps-Crashing-don-t-know-what-to-do-HELP/m-p/716468...

Hopefully we can get a reply soon Frown

Message 27 of 34 (1,163 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @IGF-Honorguy What windows version are you on? We seen reports trying to update to 809 have improved the FPS for other players.

A link here to download the latest windows version: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

/Atic

Message 28 of 34 (1,093 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Same issue with my Alienware 15R3 + Amplifier running an RTX 2080. I can hear a crash/error box pop up when the screen goes black, but I can't see or do anything and it requires a hard reset to fix. I don't have the issue when running the laptops GTX 1070 without the Amplifier, but no other game has an issue with my RTX 2080.  

Message 29 of 34 (1,048 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Game is just unpayable. I get constant game crashes with no error message. And EA servers are often down. Recently got 2 crashes in 40 minutes lol

Message 30 of 34 (1,039 Views)