Re: Clarification on DLSS support...

by flyinghorse101

Original Post

Clarification on DLSS support...

★★★★ Novice

Hello, I have a 3090 Asus Strix video card and a widescreen Asus monitor that I run 3440x1440 (Widescreen) and I can't seem to get DLSS to allow me to be enabled.  Games like Cyberpunk or Call of Duty run fine and options are selectable for DLSS.   My problem is I've filled the directions on windows update and NVIDIA drivers updated /DX12 enabled.  It will not allow me to enable the DLSS.... 

Leads me to believe there may be no wide-screen support? 
Did I read the post about ray tracing ONLY being available at 3840x2160: All RTX GPUs? 
Are there any plans to enable DLSS at other resolutions or widescreen?

DXDIAG:
Windows 10 Pro 64-bi build 10.0 Build 19043
Asus MB bios 0707
CPU Intel 11t900 
Memory 32768 Ram
DX 12

Message 1 of 6 (885 Views)

Community Manager

@BlackMosquitoe 

Check what happens if you play in Borderless Windowed mode, thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 6 (863 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No, borderless does work, nor does windowed.  I went as far to reload the game after switching and nothing.  I've tried the console to see if I could force it on, but it just keeps coming back to "false" 

I just read this...  https://www.techspot.com/article/1794-nvidia-rtx-dlss-battlefield/

I find it weird that it's being advertised as being 40% increase on framerates w,o support from it.  Of course, NVIDIA put it on "EA" for them to fix, but they still advertise it as being available for this game. 

Regardless, if you have any other solutions, I'm willing to try.  Seems like an ongoing problem since Oct 19 for the NVIDIA 20 series.  I just think that EA or whoever hasn't bothered to address the problem and it's really odd that it only works with one resolution.  I would hope that it gets addressed in f2042.  I am just disappointed that other titles seem to have support for such a great feature.  It runs great now and BFV is a beautiful game, just a shame features like DLSS can't be used from a AAA title game developer.

Message 3 of 6 (854 Views)

★★★ Expert
@BlackMosquitoe Since new NVIDIA Driver only in BFV pc is just rebooting after a while. This is since this option. Going to remove the whole driver though in Red Dead Redemption it's awesome!
Message 4 of 6 (827 Views)

[ Edited ]
Guardian

@BlackMosquitoeRaytracing and DLSS only supports RTX 20XX cards AFAIK.

There is a way of circumventing the restriction for RTX 30XX cards though.

Youll need geforce experience installed, click BFV and drag the slider to one notch below "max quality" and then hit "optimise now".

Once in game you'll find DXR and DLSS is enabled.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Battlelog EN Volunteer Moderator, Coffee connoisseur, Pc Gamer, Modder, Content Creator, EA Gamechanger.
Message 5 of 6 (677 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@LOLGotYerTagsNo. DLSS working normally without any problems on my 3080. But you have to be on 4k.

But BFV only supports DLLS Version 1 (looks really bad and does not increase performance much) and Raytraced Reflections are bugged sometimes, so its better to run the game in DX11 and native 4k.

Lowering some of the anti-competitive graphic settings will net you 120 FPS in 4k native on a RTX 3080 ez.

Message 6 of 6 (662 Views)