Re: Can't use chat in battlefield 5

by Carbonic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't use chat in battlefield 5

★ Apprentice

So i have been having this problem since BETA, i could use chat normally in the 2 closed alphas but since beta when i try to write in chat i can't send any message, i can write but when i send the message nothing appears, i can see everyone's chat but no one can see mine, neither my friends, i can see them but they can't see mine.
I tried everything, reinstalling the game, repairing through origin, changed key binds, cleaning cache, deleting PROFSAVE_profile from documents, but nothing works, can anyone help me?
Thanks!

Message 1 of 111 (16,074 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

Hello everyone, 

We have a new dedicated topic here regarding feedback for chat filter or can't type in chat. 

I will be closing down his topic as the original issue was related to another function and has been solved. 

Thanks. 

/Atic 

View in thread

Message 109 of 111 (13,631 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

This is a new one.

Eeek, don't know what it could be really but my best guess is that something on your network might be blocking the the chat, perhaps it uses it's own port or protocol or something.

Best way to start testing that would be to removing the internet from your computer and then tether a mobile phone to it so it uses that connection instead.

Also @GaIinha2 - I've moved the thread to technical issues.

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 111 (16,033 Views)

★ Apprentice
Did not work, its very strange
Message 3 of 111 (16,012 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

You can reset all your settings by renaming the Battlefield V folder in documents, that doesn't help either?

carbonic signature

Message 4 of 111 (15,999 Views)

★ Apprentice
I have done it, and nothing works
Message 5 of 111 (15,993 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey, @GaIinha2 are you running any overlay programs, for example, Discord, MSI afterburner or Nvidia experience?

/Atic

Message 6 of 111 (15,984 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Yes all of those you mentioned 

Message 7 of 111 (15,982 Views)

EA DICE Team

@GaIinha2, can you turn them off and see if it works for you after. Standard smile 

Also you don't happen to have a controller connected to the PC? 

/Atic

Message 8 of 111 (15,966 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@EA_Atic I tried to disable everything you said, even xbox overlay and i still can't write in chat, and no i don't have any controller connected to pc :/

Message 9 of 111 (15,965 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @GaIinha2, can you try to do a CCleaner and then run a clean boot on your PC and after that try if that works for you. Also what keyboard are you using and what keybind do you have to talk in chat?

/Atic

Message 10 of 111 (15,948 Views)