Re: Battlefield v's not smooth fps

by ThePro_PR

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield v's not smooth fps

★★★ Novice

i played battlefield v and it has stuttering while i saw the fps overlay mentioned that it has 60 fps above, so before i used to use 60 hertz monitor, and its fine as i felt, no stutter, but after i changed to 165 hertz monitor it's got micro stutters or stutter, or means more not smooth for the framerates eventhough the framerates is above than 60 fps.

Anyone could explain what the cause of it ?

Thank you for your kindness

Message 1 of 10 (1,270 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

Hey, @Muvlikhun make sure that all drivers for windows are up to date, also worth reinstalling the GPU drivers for your PC.

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with BFV and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (894 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice

Can you list your computers specs (CPU, GPU, RAM, Monitor, etc.)?

Message 2 of 10 (1,252 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Muvlikhun I started experiencing the exact same problem 2 months ago. It's become untenable because I like to fly most of the time.
Message 3 of 10 (1,168 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I tried once this:

Unlimited frame rate which means above 100 FPS on my PC even though I have 60hz monitor...just to see how it would look like..... And then I noticed that huge drops were if I turned FFR on.

Almost bought 165hz monitor (Acer) and your post discouraged me.

Message 4 of 10 (1,147 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

as for micro stutter theres only one scene where they are noticable - at the end of round when best squad is shown. My bet is it's because of ram so I switched from 16 to 48GB and yet to see if that was it.

Message 5 of 10 (1,144 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@MuvlikhunUse gsync/freesync if your new monitor has it, you hz will match your fluctuating fps
So say you have 60 fps at all times, and 120hz, out of every 1 second, you will be seeing every frame twice, which usually does nothing but can cause screen tearing

-copy paste-
If the refresh isn’t a multiple of the frame rate, you’ll get some odd stuttering, as frames would be up for different durations. This is the same reason why a FPS of 45 feels so terrible on a monitor refreshing at 60. It’s usually better just to lock it back at 30.

-copy paste-

You would need 83,or 41.25 fps at all times to see no stutter at 165hz, for instance though if you did 120 hz and could keep 60fps at all times, you would have a way smoother experience than 60-85 fps on 120 hz
hope this helps!

Message 6 of 10 (1,080 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ThePro_PR
CPU : Ryzen 5 3500x
MMR : DDR4 16 gb dual 2666mhz
GPU : GTX 1070
Monitr: 165hz gsync compatible with DP Cable
Sorry i just check it right now.
But Really thankful

Message 7 of 10 (1,014 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ThePro_PR Monitor : Asus VG27AQL1A
Message 8 of 10 (1,013 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Khamallm hey Khamall thank you for your help. i already set the gsync compatible on and vsync off. so what now ?
Message 9 of 10 (1,012 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey, @Muvlikhun make sure that all drivers for windows are up to date, also worth reinstalling the GPU drivers for your PC.

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with BFV and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 10 of 10 (895 Views)