Battlefield V wont work.

by Oleflaske

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield V wont work.

★★ Novice

So outta nowhere Battlefield V just stops working i can launch but the second i try join a server the game crashes. ive tried repairing and nothing works.I try opening a ticket for it but it dosent work. And i cannot contact EA. What do i do ?

Message 1 of 13 (877 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield V wont work.

Community Manager

@Oleflaske 

Just to confirm, have you already tried repairing BFV in Origin to see if that helps at all? If there's a problem with the game data that might help to fix it. If you right click on the game in your Origin Library you'll see a Repair option when the menu pops up. Please give that a try and let me know if it's still crashing afterward. 

In regards to the issue you're seeing with BF4, I wonder if there might be a problem with the Origin client's cached data. I'd recommend clearing the Origin cache when you can to see if that helps. You can find more details on how to clear it over at the EA Help website

Let me know how that goes once you've had the chance to try it. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 13 (817 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @Oleflaske

Are you launching BFV through Origin, or are you using Steam? Also, are you getting any error messages at all when the game crashes? If so, what is the full error you've been seeing? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 13 (845 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello thank you very much for answering Standard smile yes i launch the game trough origin. i got a brand new pc and had been playing battlefield V for a month or two on it and suddenly it stops working. I can launch the game but whenever i try to join a server or a quickmatch or whatever the whole game just shuts down. Ive tried repairing the game several times but still can’t get the game to work... and the wird part is that there comes no errors the game just shuts down quietly whenever i try starting a campain mission or whatever it is, it goes maybe 5 seconds into loading screen and then the game crashes....

Im also having issues with bf4 premium that i get trough EA play membership. I cannot even launch the game at all. I can only launch the digital deluxe version that i own, but then i dont get the premium content... and when i download the premium content and add bf4 premium to my libary, the original bf4 and bf4 deluxe edition just dissapears from my libary. And bf4 premium does not go into my game libary 🤷‍♂️ But i can ofc find bf4 premium by searching in store but something wierd happends when i press anything on there It’s like everytime i press play or update or add to favorite on the settings, something green shows up where the photo of the game cover should be. Ive seen others experiencing this problem on forums but ive found no answer to fix it. 

srry if it was alot at once and confusing... but ive spent so many hours now trying to fix it and nothing works. Not even to contact ea anywhere exept here. So i would really appreciate if you could help me🤞

i have the lenovo legion 5 performance gaming laptop if it matters in any way.

Message 3 of 13 (828 Views)

Community Manager

@Oleflaske 

Just to confirm, have you already tried repairing BFV in Origin to see if that helps at all? If there's a problem with the game data that might help to fix it. If you right click on the game in your Origin Library you'll see a Repair option when the menu pops up. Please give that a try and let me know if it's still crashing afterward. 

In regards to the issue you're seeing with BF4, I wonder if there might be a problem with the Origin client's cached data. I'd recommend clearing the Origin cache when you can to see if that helps. You can find more details on how to clear it over at the EA Help website

Let me know how that goes once you've had the chance to try it. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 13 (818 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Kent hello i cleared the origin client's cache data and now BFV is back and working again. but i still the same issue with BF4 premium...
But thank you for reminding me to clear cache, now i can play BFV again Standard smile
but about BF4 to be more specific about the problem, it looks like there is some kind of a glitch whenever i press play. where the game cover shows all around the play button it appears photos of random games, from the store but only for a second and then they dissapear. there is also some green coulor appearing but not everytime i press play. and stil if i try to add bf4 premium to my libary the original bf4 dissapears and bf4 premium is nowhere to be found in my libary, so something really wierd is going on. nothing like it has never happend to me before. so is there anything else i can try to fix this problem??
Message 5 of 13 (776 Views)

Community Manager

@Oleflaske 

Hmmm, that's really strange. Can you try fully reinstalling the Origin client to see if that helps at all? When you have the chance please try running through the steps under How to uninstall the Origin client the hard way on the following article: 

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

Please let me know if you're still running into the same issues after that. Thank you!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 13 (769 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Kent yes it is very strange indeed. BFV stopped working again i only got to play 5 minutes in a game :/ and then i left to delete the cache. after that when i tried starting up BFV again the game crashes just by pressing on multiplayer in the game. So now i cant even get to the loading screen before it crashes... so after this i tried reinstalling origin like you said, and im still having the same problems with BFV and BF4 premium. i dont know if it matters but yesterday i suddenly couldn't see origin on my screen. but i could see that the program was running, so i had to restart the computer to open origin. so yeah i have no idea what to do anymore, please let me know if there is something else i can try. thnx Standard smile
Message 7 of 13 (758 Views)

Community Manager

@Oleflaske 

Thanks for the update! What happens if you set up a Clean Boot on your PC before launching Origin? If this is happening because of something else running on the PC that may help to get around it. 

For more information on how to set one up check out the EA Help website. Please let me know how it goes once you've had the chance. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 13 (720 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Kent hello ive managed to fix BF4 by reinstalling the game. When i tried downloading the game again i got many errors that stopped the download i dont know why, but it just said something like this: error code 10020.... but i didn't give up and in the end when i got it downloaded it finally worked :D so i was thinking of just trying the same with BFV before i set up a Clean boot, unless you recommend i should do it anyways. im not a 100% shure what a clean boot does, but it sounds healthy for the computer. ill try reinstalling BFV and ill give you an update if it works Standard smile
Message 9 of 13 (694 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Kent hey, it did not work to reinstall BFV. the game crashes a couple seconds in to the loading screen, after i try to join a multiplayer game. So is it a clean boot that is the next step to try and fix it ? if so do you have a link to a video or something of how to do a clean boot properly ?
Message 10 of 13 (674 Views)