Battlefield V unable to connect to EA servers

by D-M1LL5

Original Post

Re: ERROR CODE 2 Failed to join squad

Community Manager

Hey @8942

If you're still experiencing this try these steps below.

1. Power cycle the console: http://bit.ly/XB1_PowerCycle

2. Clear the MAC Address: From the Xbox dashboard select Settings>All Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear, then restart your Xbox.

Launch the game and try again. If it's still happening I'd try deleting the Gamertag off your console and re-add it so it syncs back up with your console. 

Blueberry.png
Message 31 of 210 (1,768 Views)

Re: Cannot Connect To Battlefield 5 EA Online Anymore :(

★★★★★ Novice
Well this solved a 4 month mystery for the time being. I am sad it took that long EA just seemed to not really care! So thanks for this!
Message 32 of 210 (13,833 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, how is this solved? I bought the Basic origin access and I can only play singleplayer. I get a message that my EA account is not linked to online features.. what a joke. I own BF1 and can play that fine.

Message 33 of 210 (2,445 Views)

★ Apprentice

I contacted mt ISP as i got nowhere with EA,

They changed a setting on my connection and tool me OFF the CGNAT as I was put on it.

This appears to have fixed the issue but still yet to log in more for sure.

(I also did all the port forwarding, diagnosing, turning off and on etc...)

Oh and FYI... the UOTrace must only work for USA, I went from average connection to BELOW average, similar ping.. and yet I can connect fast as now?!?!?!

Dont trust it.

Message 34 of 210 (2,396 Views)

★ Apprentice
DOH... so now, I can connect to servers.... play 1 round... then it just times out on a black screen.

well played EA... I fix one thing and you kick me whilst Im getting back up...
Message 35 of 210 (2,391 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue for over a week now. If I try to join a squad I get "Can not join squad try again later Error code 2." Players can join my squad but I can not spawn in on them. I also noticed that I can not spawn in during countdown to start new game. It will say spawn point no longer available and I have to wait for game to start and new spawn points. I tried everything EA_Blueberry suggested and still have problem. Was your problem resolved? If so, what fixed your issue? Any other suggestions from EA? 

Message 36 of 210 (1,725 Views)

Re: Battlefield V unable to connect to EA servers

★★★ Newbie

It is currently March of 2019 and mine is still not working, there is clearly something wrong with EA that they need to fix. I have tried everything mentioned on here and absolutely nothing has worked. If I could, I would refund the game but sadly it's been too long.

Message 37 of 210 (1,977 Views)

Failed to join squad. The squad could not be joined, try again. Error code 2.

★★ Novice

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One X
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Breakthrough
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen? All
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 03.31.2019 12:00
Summarize your bug I can not join any squads from squad menu. I can only create a squad from the social menu.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? Can not join squads
What should be happening instead? Able to join squads

I can not join any squads in multiplayer online. I can only create a squad if I go to social in the menu.

Message 38 of 210 (1,715 Views)

Re: Failed to join squad. The squad could not be joined, try again. Error code 2

★★ Pro

I have also had matchmaking issues.

Message 39 of 210 (1,685 Views)

★★ Novice

EA_Blueberry, thanks and I have tried everything you suggested including uninstalling and reinstalling the game and I still have the same problem.

Message 40 of 210 (1,681 Views)