Battlefield V audio stutter and crackling

by capt07

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield V audio stutter and crackling

★★★ Newbie

I just decided to start playing battlefield V again but the audio is crackling.

I have looked around other answers, tried updating audio drivers, I clicked repair in origin and I've tried changing sound settings in-game. None of this works. The issue seems random, sometimes it's from startup and other times it'll just cut in randomly during a game where the audio just sounds stuttering and crackling and no in game sounds are heard.

This is the only game that I'm having this issue in.

My headset is the Razer Nari ultimate. 

Message 1 of 6 (1,501 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield V audio stutter and crackling

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@Stevie_Brulee If have been working and then is suddenly broken might be another program or windows that's causing it. We haven't update Battlefield V in a very long time.

/Atic

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (1,029 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team
@capt07 try turning off the Razer software and see if that helps.

/Atic
Message 2 of 6 (1,449 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi Team - am experiencing this issue and have been searching high and low for weeks.

Cannot seem to find a solution. Disabling Razer software not helping either.

The game boots up fine but music plays during load screen - then audio just flips to insane crackling/distortion.

Only happens when headphones Bose headphones connected and this only recently started happening, I was wearing these same headphone with no issues for last 12/24 months!

I have tried two sets of earbuds and playing through my monitors and this doesn't cause issues; the sound works just fine.

But two types of Bose headphones cause this issue.

Previous solutions have included changing the sample bit rate for the headphones in the sound control panel, but some higher-end headphones don't allow for this option.

Have repaired game, reinstalled game and fiddled with endless settings both in game and out/system.

Still yet to find a solution that allows for wearing of 3D headphones without this insane crackling and distortion.

CAN ANYONE HELP? 

SYSTEM:

Windows 11 PC 64 bit

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB

Razer Synapse Keyboard + Mouse

Message 3 of 6 (1,054 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@Stevie_Brulee If have been working and then is suddenly broken might be another program or windows that's causing it. We haven't update Battlefield V in a very long time.

/Atic

Message 4 of 6 (1,030 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Atic Okay thanks for the info. I will keep trying to resolve.
Message 5 of 6 (887 Views)

★ Novice

Okay, so I am experiencing the same issue. You can't just say, 'Oh, we're not updating this game,' and suddenly, it's not working for me. It's the same case. I don't know if you've read his/her comments about the issue, but it's mentioned that I'm having the same problem only with this game. It's the same for me. I'm experiencing this irritating cracking and stuttering sound, only in Battlefield 5, not in Battlefield 2042 or 1, or whatever it is. So, instead of providing a fix, they just say, 'Oh, tough luck, bro, keep trying.' That's not very helpful support and answer

Message 6 of 6 (484 Views)