Re: Battlefield V Won't Install Finishes At 18% Only

by N4v1s

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield V Won't Install Finishes At 18% Only

★★★ Novice

Recently I got Origin fixed and was able to play games again so I started to redownload Battlefield V, but when the download percentage gets to 18% it acts as if it's done downloading and when I click on the game it asks me to install it as if nothing happened. Even when I try to locate the files so it can continue where it was suposed to be it repairs just fine but when it's trying to locate the files it also gets stuck at 18% 0MB/ SEC

Things I've Tried 

Clearing Origin Cache

- Uninstalling and reinstalling the game

- Restarting my computer

- Running as administrator

- Having Origin accepted by firewall

- Clean boot

Any suggestions are welcome and I thank anyone who comments.

Message 1 of 4 (591 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

It’s alright I managed to get it fixed a few minutes after I posted the issue, the problem was that I still had all the battlefield V files on steam, and it was interfering with downloading the files for battlefield on origin. But I managed to just uninstall the steam files and it downloaded properly. 

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (546 Views)

All Replies

★★ Pro
@A_Jedi_Slime What do you mean with "got Origin fixed"? That sounds like you had problems with your system before.
With newer games like Battlefield V you can start playing certain parts of the game before it has downloaded completely. With BFV that is at 18%. At that point you can play the singleplayer missions but not the multiplayer. Does the download actually stop at that point?
Message 2 of 4 (554 Views)

★★★ Novice

It’s alright I managed to get it fixed a few minutes after I posted the issue, the problem was that I still had all the battlefield V files on steam, and it was interfering with downloading the files for battlefield on origin. But I managed to just uninstall the steam files and it downloaded properly. 

Message 3 of 4 (547 Views)

EA DICE Team
Thanks for sharing! @A_Jedi_Slime

/Atic
Message 4 of 4 (525 Views)