Battlefield V Tips, Part II: Settings

by SterlingARCH3R

Original Post

Re: Battlefield V Tips, Part II: Settings

Champion

Added Gametime.Maxvariablefps XXX to the user.cfg file, and deleted the RTSS recommendation. There's less inherent input lag if you control the max fps in game than from a secondary software!

If you found this post helpful, please leave XP.
If you disagree, please leave a comment.
Either way, it helps to make the post more informative.

I like game design - from itty bitty bugs to big ideas.
I don't work for EA.

Join us on our Easter Egg hunt.
Message 11 of 44 (5,340 Views)

Champion

Also, it looks like DICE changed the settings for "Aim Assist". Instead of a simple ON/OFF, it's now a slide rule from 0% to 100% across 4 different aim assist types, for more granular tweaking. I've updated the main post (under Gameplay Advanced settings).

Capture.PNG

I don't work for EA.

Message 12 of 44 (5,312 Views)

Champion

With this latest 30 April 2019 update, a new camera shake slide scale has been added under Advanced Gameplay. It now goes from 50% to 100%, with a default at 75%. Drag it all the way to 50%. Original post updated with this new recommendation.

I don't work for EA.

Message 13 of 44 (5,140 Views)

EA DICE Team

The network performance graph got a few tweaks: 

image.png

image.png

You can see the network graph now has bullet registration system and a button bar to see all active stats and instances. 

/Atic 

Message 14 of 44 (5,113 Views)

★ Guide
excellent >.<
Message 15 of 44 (5,035 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have 2 questions:

- Is it really a problem to send data back to EA? I mean that's how they can improve the game....

- Does turning OFF the memory restriction really improve the game? (Description says it might become more unstable)

Thx,

SS.

Message 16 of 44 (4,817 Views)

★ Guide

Very good post. Informative. One question? Any idea what causes the freezes and then subsequent crashing of the game to the desktop? I get no warning or error message from Windows 10. All I see in event viewer is that "BFV.exe caused a fault" with the error code and other developer information. I'm running an AMD based system: Ryzen 1700x, 32GB cooled RAM, liquid cooled, * 64 (no overclocking of CPU or GPU). Using AMD's "easy sync". It doesn't seem to matter what changes I make to the settings. Sometimes it won't occur for days at a time. Then all of a sudden, I'll get one and then another, and another.....etc. I have tried "repair" to no avail. Uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Nothing seems to work.

Message 17 of 44 (4,793 Views)

★ Guide

Another thing; I have tried several user.cfg files and none work. I tried the one you suggest in your post. Copied it and named it "user.cfg", copied it into the BFV game folder. Nothing. No FPS counter in game. What am I doing wrong?

Message 18 of 44 (4,791 Views)

★ Guide

Another issue: when I attempt to enter a console command I get a response like this: "Win32 result: false". And the command is ignored in game. So, I cannot get the FPS counter or the network performance graph by using the console commands. This is on Windows 10 X64 Pro. Any ideas on that one?

Message 19 of 44 (4,792 Views)

Champion

@MoonUtonight Is the user.cfg file in the root directory (the install location where the BFV exe can be found)? Though, if your console command isn't working at all, that is very strange and may be an issue that will need much further research. And, if your game crashes often, I'd double check to make sure that you're not overclocking too much (or sometimes even too low), alt-tabbing too often causes it too, and make sure DX12 is off.

I don't work for EA.

Message 20 of 44 (4,749 Views)