Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Game Menu
In which game menu were you when the bug occurred? Startup
Please select your region Europe
On which server did this happen?
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
Summarize your bug Every time the game started, it was like I started it for the first time
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Windows username that doesn't follow the standard A-Z letters of the English alphabet
What happens when the bug occurs? You have to play the intro over and over again, because it creates a new PROFSAVE_tmp file, and can't save the PROFSAVE file properly
What should be happening instead? PROFSAVE should be created, and you only need to play the intro mission once.

There are some solutions to this issue, described in these links:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Battlefield-V-Intro-plays-at-every-launch/td-p/7171668

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/161080/battlefield-v-don%C5%A5-remember-my-settings#...

These did not solve it for me. See my solution below.

My Windows username is "Bjørnar". Because of this, the game doesn't manage to create the file PROFSAVE under C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Battlefield V\.

It manages to create the PROFSAVE_tmp file, so something is working as it should, but that also resets everything every time you start the game, causing you to play the intro over and over again.

I ran Procmon.exe (from MS Sysinternals) to find the cause of this.

Turns out that it wants to create the PROFSAVE file under C:\Users\Bjrnar\Documents\Battlefield V\ (note the missing ø). This doesn't exist, so it fails.

See attached screenshot

As a workaround I created the folders Bjrnar\Documents\ under C:\Users, and set up a link to the proper Battlefield V folder, like so:

mklink /j “C:\Users\Bjrnar\Documents\Battlefield V” “C:\Users\Bjørnar\Documents\Battlefield V”

This solved the issue, and I can now start Battlefield V without having to play the intro mission.

Message 1 of 16 (62,515 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield V - Having to play intro mission every time you start the game

★★★ Novice

Hello Everyone,

I have finally found the FIX FOR HAVING TO PLAY  "intro every time"  Issue.

I have notice that applying all this temporal fixes will only work ones. BUT THE ISSUE WILL COME BACK. 

like the one that requires to re-name PROSAVE_tmp. some times will work but to end up in the same after a reboot or not working at all.

The issue is because of the game folder ITSELF "Documents ' to be exact.

There is a new security feature implemented by Windows 10 that protects changes in certain folders of the computers called "RANSOMWARE PROTECTION" this protection stops or prevents  the executable files to make changes to any directory or folder in C:/ that Windows think is important such as "DOCUMENTS".

This  requires that you enable the two different applications in this security part of WINDOWS SECURITY for your game to work like normally.

The FIX IS SIMPLE :

1. Go to bottom right corner in the task bar and double click on WINDOWS SECURITY icon.

2. Go to MANAGE RANSOMWARE PROTECTION > Allow an app through controlled folder access >

3. Hit -----Yes > "click the plus sign ADD AN ALLOWED APP > Browse all apps

4. go to    C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin "look for origin.exe" and Hit OPEN.

5. go to   C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield V "Look for "bfv.exe & bfvTrial.exe" and OPEN THEM ONE BY ONE.

Restart your pc and VOILA!!!!!

I HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE!!!

View in thread

Message 9 of 16 (58,357 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Thanks for the tip @tannkost

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 16 (62,406 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Great to hear it worked for you! Unfortunately this wasn't the solution for me even tho the problem is the same and I also have an Ø in my username.. Hoping for a fix from Dice soon so I don't have to refund the game.

Message 3 of 16 (61,257 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi i know this is pain to quit the intro everytime so i checked here and tried everything.
My problem is the game cant access to my documents folder because my win10 anti virus i mean win defender i was enable ransomeware data recovery protection .
now i solved this by disable it for the game or you can add to trusted app .
this work for me. for any of you using any anti virus maybe got the same problem try disable your anti virus and start the game, my game now can create file in doc folder. hope this help
Message 4 of 16 (60,928 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sup /VIperlus

I have the same problem as you and everybody else here in this topic. My stats maintains, my configurations resets and i have to do te intro mission over and over again.
I tried every single solution as you said, or in links that you sent. Included a except path in my AV and WinSecurity, admin rights to all bfV folders, disabled cloud savings, deleted the tmp from profsave and last of everything tried the to check the path for profsave as your detailed. No problems for what i am seeing (check attachment profsave) and yes, i do have an special character in my user name "ã".

After this all i tried to reinstall once more, and a new situation happened.... my settings does not reset anymore but the intro mission....... that intro mission.....

This is my last chance trying or else ill fill a reclaim and ask my money back so you are my last hope :D

TY

Message 5 of 16 (60,084 Views)

★★ Novice

Still waiting for a fix. My name is Tomás, and I just got this game for christmas.

It's worked superfluously for all my other 3 Battlefield games.

3, 4, and 1.

Yet for this one, I'm stuck looking at that bloody nigh-unskippable intro every time I boot up the game, all because my name has an á in it.

Message 6 of 16 (60,041 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I confirm I have the same problem.  My Windows user name uses a ç, commonly used in French.  However, I don't even have a folder C:\Users\MYNAME\Documents\Battlefield V.

Message 7 of 16 (59,562 Views)

★★★ Novice

For those who can’t solve the problem with the suggestion above, i created a specic topic here

waiting answers

Message 8 of 16 (59,420 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello Everyone,

I have finally found the FIX FOR HAVING TO PLAY  "intro every time"  Issue.

I have notice that applying all this temporal fixes will only work ones. BUT THE ISSUE WILL COME BACK. 

like the one that requires to re-name PROSAVE_tmp. some times will work but to end up in the same after a reboot or not working at all.

The issue is because of the game folder ITSELF "Documents ' to be exact.

There is a new security feature implemented by Windows 10 that protects changes in certain folders of the computers called "RANSOMWARE PROTECTION" this protection stops or prevents  the executable files to make changes to any directory or folder in C:/ that Windows think is important such as "DOCUMENTS".

This  requires that you enable the two different applications in this security part of WINDOWS SECURITY for your game to work like normally.

The FIX IS SIMPLE :

1. Go to bottom right corner in the task bar and double click on WINDOWS SECURITY icon.

2. Go to MANAGE RANSOMWARE PROTECTION > Allow an app through controlled folder access >

3. Hit -----Yes > "click the plus sign ADD AN ALLOWED APP > Browse all apps

4. go to    C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin "look for origin.exe" and Hit OPEN.

5. go to   C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield V "Look for "bfv.exe & bfvTrial.exe" and OPEN THEM ONE BY ONE.

Restart your pc and VOILA!!!!!

I HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE!!!

Message 9 of 16 (58,358 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Fix for Origin saves, including issues with BFV and other games not saving and intro issues'.

Go to search bar on bottom-left and type windows security>Virus and threat protection>Scroll down to ransomware protection>Manage

Consider turning off real time protection. If it is grayed out, you already have it off. Either way, does not matter. 

Than, 

Click allow an app>Click 'add an allowed app'>It will bring down a drop down>Click recently blocked apps>Allow those that you are having problems with by clicking + sign. 

If the apps that you are having issues' with are not in that list. Go back to drop down and click browse apps and add those. 

Also, make sure you have the game and origin allowed through firewall, private and public should be checked to allow full access. 

Windows security>Firewall and network protection>Allow and app through firewall. 

Message 10 of 16 (55,658 Views)