Battlefield 5 Won't Launch

by terminalchaos2

Original Post

Re: Battlefield 5 Won't Launch

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Leeuw I was using Steam/Origin. Now i am using Steam/EA app, same result on both end. No new software is installed on that PC last few months. Only i get on monthly bases Windows 10 updates. But nothing else that is "Strange" I can confirm that all proposed solutions in this topic were tried - nothing works.

I never had any issues for ANY other game, how we can explain that?
Message 81 of 139 (920 Views)

Community Manager

@Loopper11  wrote:
I never had any issues for ANY other game, how we can explain that?

@Loopper11, fairly simple. We can't. Computers can be strange things sometimes. Standard smile Therefore the only things we can try are troubleshooting steps to try to solve the issue.

Alright, so you own the game via Steam, right? And you now launch the game via Steam, which opened the EA app, and after that, the game should launch, right?

EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 82 of 139 (914 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@EA_LeeuwCorrect, as usual it was working well, i was starting Steam as "admin" then i can see EA is side loaded "as Admin" too, and in few seconds game was loading. Now it's not the case.
BF5 executable is also changed to be loaded as "Admin"...

THE SOLUTION - that worked with me - 

go to - C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA Desktop\EA Desktop 

add Admin rights to:

- EADesktop.exe 

- EALuncher.exe 

- EALocalHostSvc.exe  

That work'ed for me - now the game is working...again. That is not a problem with Windows 10. Anyway - HAVE FUN. 

Message 83 of 139 (909 Views)

Community Manager
Hey @Loopper11,

Good to hear that this has fixed the issue for you.

If the situation changes, feel free to update the thread!
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 84 of 139 (849 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Loopper11i was using origin on windows 11, tried everything, then i downloaded the app and i tried what worked for you but now the app says "an error on our end caused your launch to fail. try again a little later"

any solutions @EA_Leeuw?

Message 85 of 139 (833 Views)

Community Manager
Hey @mrnoob14,

So just to confirm, you are experiencing the 'same', or similar, issue?

If so, may I ask if you have purchased the game via Steam as well by any chance?
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 86 of 139 (820 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I am not sure that BF5 ever received offical update for Windows 11, but i assume - out of the blue you cant start your game. (And every other game is working! as usual?) 

In this topic there is a long list of steps that you should check out first. What i've done is the last possible resort...

Message 87 of 139 (809 Views)

Community Manager
Hey @Loopper11,

You are correct. BFV never received an update to make it officially compatible with Windows 11. I also sadly doubt that it will ever receive such an update.
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 88 of 139 (800 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Leeuw i worked my way through this thread and tried everything, and also tried setting BFV to compatible mode with Windows 7, 8 and 10. i bought the standard game but after a while i bought EA play pro so i got an different version, i have also tried canceling EA play pro so i only get the version i bought but nothing works
@Loopper11
Message 89 of 139 (788 Views)

Community Manager
@mrnoob14, do you own the game via Steam?
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 90 of 139 (775 Views)