Battlefield 5 Won't Launch

by terminalchaos2

Original Post

Re: Battlefield 5 Won't Launch

★★ Novice

Gotcha, but I forgot to mention that it also upgraded my BF4 to the premium version and also BF1 and those games give me no issues, only BFV for some reason. I've reached out to EA Help and just waiting for a response right now.

Message 61 of 139 (1,186 Views)

Community Manager
@KrispyGFX, cool, feel free to update the thread if you have more updates to share. Standard smile
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 62 of 139 (1,170 Views)

★★ Novice

Soooo I was contacting EA Live Support for like 4 hours last night and like an hour this morning and they were just useless. Everyone I contacted just ran the same troubleshooting things and my game still doesn't work. I've pretty much given up hope that my BFV will work. 

Message 63 of 139 (1,162 Views)

Community Manager
@KrispyGFX, I am very sorry to hear that you had this experience with the EA Live Support. However, I am afraid that we are unable to help with this, most likely, account-related issue here via the forums, as this is a public space. I would recommend giving it another try, maybe via the EA Help Twitter or Facebook teams?
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 64 of 139 (1,148 Views)

★★ Novice

Yep, I just emailed EA support again, this time I included a video of the bug. I've probably run through every troubleshooting method with them, a representative even gave me a new copy of the game and it still doesn't work. Hopefully, they can try something else that'll work.

Message 65 of 139 (1,131 Views)

Community Manager
@KrispyGFX, feel free to update the thread if you have more updates to share. Standard smile
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 66 of 139 (1,117 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just though I share my story that worked for me. So I've downloaded BF v, last night game wouldn't launch. Same as everyone else press play few sec later nothing happens and that's it. I've tried loads of steps clear cache, reinstall game and origin as well amongst others. For some reason when I tried to fix the game with repair tool it asked if game worked before and suggested run as administrator and out of curiosity I've selected run game with Windows 8 compatibility. And so far it works tried few times to restart game and pc as well. So don't know how or why but Windows 8 and run as admin compatibility seems it fix for now. 

Message 67 of 139 (1,022 Views)

Community Manager
@YokaiFury, thanks for sharing that information! Glad to hear that this workaround worked for you.

May I ask what the original Windows version is that you're playing on?
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 68 of 139 (1,007 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's a Windows 10 I am playing with win 8 compatibility 

Message 69 of 139 (1,000 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have encountered same problem. Game is not launching at all, Origin/EA Desktop -> Click Play -> Nothing happens. Before this problems I have bought Xbox Game Pass, then i wanted to try BF V but... I havn't had a chance - until yesterday. I have tried all sort of stuff that should help, but as in your case it didn't help. 

I don't know if it's important, but i pushed myself to even buy BF V individually (with Game Pass & EA Play discount ~ 5$).

I've come up with last thought - "what if my wifes PC Account works - it would be super dumb".

Well, it worked! (BF V was also working via GeforceNow...)

To ensure myself i deleted her account (she isn't using it anyway so whatevah) and tried again on mine, again it failed. Tried again all steps from fixing guides - no luck.

I created new local account on my PC named "TestForBF" - it worked (but after that my main account is still refusing to launch this game - but yeah, i'm allowed to play anyway)

PS. Oh and on that second account i dont need to set admin rights, compatibility and other stuff.

Message 70 of 139 (826 Views)