BFV D3D12 stuttering

by znaczki65

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BFV D3D12 stuttering

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi, on my config (gtx 1070, 2x8gb ram 2933mhz, Ryzen 5 2600 @3.4-3.9Ghz (no OC)) D3D11 runs smoothly, where DirectX12 has some real stutterings every now and then. I've looked up on the net about this and couldn't find any solution. I hardly doubt it can be caused by putting a game on HDD instead of SDD (the system is on SSD).

I have new Geforce drivers and Nvidia's Gsync Compatible activated via display port.

The issue looks like that, you play and every some time there is a 1 second lag, and the frame freezes for this time.

Message 1 of 5 (1,271 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BFV D3D12 stuttering

Community Manager

@znaczki65 

Our dedicated technical support team can be reached 24/7 for EA customers at Help.EA.com

There are reports of FPS lag/stuttering/freezing which the team is tasking as a high priority.

Players get a spike of FPS lag/stuttering/freezing since Update 3.4, specifically when they kill another player.

• Platforms affected: All
  • Status: We are working on this with high priority. While we do not have an ETA on when it can be fixed, we are doing all we can to solve it as soon as possible. We have some fixes that should address much of this issue coming in the next update.

Quality of Life Tracker

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (1,218 Views)

All Replies

@znaczki65 A lot of players who have this issue just use DX11 with future frame rendering on and GPU memory restriction enabled in order to have a solid gaming experience. I recommend this course of action and to try DX12 again after the next patch to see if DX12 performance has improved.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 2 of 5 (1,236 Views)

★★ Novice

I use DX11 with future frame and GPU restriction off and it works just fine, small hiccups are present sometimes, but it's usable unlike DX12. It's seems like DX12 in Battlefield 5 is badly optimised. Is there any anouncment when the next patch should be applied? I hope it will be finally repaired.

Message 3 of 5 (1,232 Views)

★★ Novice
@ragnarok013 Also like EA doesn't even help customers they send volunteers who are working for them for free seems to be something to be ashamed of. Company which wants 50€ for a game including some in-built payments for skins can't afford a technical team worldwide or even in English only. And the thing that this issue is since Battlefield V went out of the Beta.
Message 4 of 5 (1,231 Views)

Community Manager

@znaczki65 

Our dedicated technical support team can be reached 24/7 for EA customers at Help.EA.com

There are reports of FPS lag/stuttering/freezing which the team is tasking as a high priority.

Players get a spike of FPS lag/stuttering/freezing since Update 3.4, specifically when they kill another player.

• Platforms affected: All
  • Status: We are working on this with high priority. While we do not have an ETA on when it can be fixed, we are doing all we can to solve it as soon as possible. We have some fixes that should address much of this issue coming in the next update.

Quality of Life Tracker

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 5 (1,219 Views)